I didn't say which Board did I ? Doesn't matter WHO the Board is/was - it was them who gave him the contract. The point remains, hate the people that gave him the contract.

Our management team would have resigned without payoff if they had a shred of dignity. It's not just the board who deserve the blame.

Explain please.

You get a contract, you do the job to the best of your abilities and see through the contract that you signed. If the "best of your abilities" isn't good enough then you can expect to be asked to leave, having followed proper employment law protocols. No ?

If I was in the wrong industry and absolutely useless at my job, I would hold my hands up and admit it.

Funny thing is that I could almost guarantee that well over 95% of us, under similar circumstances, wouldn't walk away either.

The difference is that 95% of us could only dream of managing Rangers (even as caretaker manager/coach under shite circumstances) and most would jump at the opportunity in a split second under any circumstances.

Kenny on the other hand, didn't look like he wanted it, resigned after 3 matches and yet is still here getting paid, but saying he's happy to do his job which is just not right.

I'm not blaming Kenny, but this whole thing with the manager & his assistant resigning, but still getting paid and Kenny still actually being here as caretaker manager/coach is a total mess and it's something we really didn't need.

You're missing the point(s).

We would struggle to get promoted with the current squad & manager who doesn't want to be there.

Something had to happen to give us a better chance of promotion.

And you think this was an acceptable manner to do so ?

How about in December they told the manager "Look, the team isn't performing and we really want promotion - we want you to go out and find some cheap (free) loan signings in January that will strengthen us" ??

Now, we all may agree that Kenny McDowall is no football manager - but you will absolutely NEVER convince me that Sandy Easdale and Derek Llambias are better managers than McDowall - yet, here we are, with Easdale and Llambias selecting half the damn team.

Yes, something needed to be done - but not this. Not in a million years.

These players may very well help us accomplish promotion and many will say "excellent work, job done" - but there is a much bigger picture at play here - it is called the Club's reputation. This is NOT the way to run a football Club.

You're missing the point(s).

We would struggle to get promoted with the current squad & manager who doesn't want to be there.

Something had to happen to give us a better chance of promotion.

But we may have less chance of getting promoted if these 5 players prove to be duds.

We signed the best player of Hearts, Killie and Motherwell and they all haven't performed. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that at least 2 of the 5 unknowns brought into the club will perform worse? All 5 may turn out to totally under-perform but they can't be dropped.

If I was in the wrong industry and absolutely useless at my job, I would hold my hands up and admit it.

He has his coaching badges, is a former pro, has worked at the top of the game in Scotland - so he is in the right industry, at least according to his CV.

You would be in the minority then, I assure you. On a nice lucrative contract you would give it up with nothing to go to ? Very noble, but still very much in the minority.

Our management team would have resigned without payoff if they had a shred of dignity. It's not just the board who deserve the blame.

Very true. But you, MB and Rab seem to be laying all the blame at the management team, with none at the Board's feet. Likewise others are blaming solely the board.

Had the board not given them ludicrous contracts in the first place, or had the board not been squandering money all over the place then maybe the Club would have had enough cash to provide a severance package.

Clearly McDowall hasn't done anything to be considered gross misconduct or they would have fired him. Which makes it the Board's responsibility to find a severance to make him redundant.

Look at the cause, not just the effect. The cause is the ridiculous contract that he was given by the Board.

And you think this was an acceptable manner to do so ?

How about in December they told the manager "Look, the team isn't performing and we really want promotion - we want you to go out and find some cheap (free) loan signings in January that will strengthen us" ??

Now, we all may agree that Kenny McDowall is no football manager - but you will absolutely NEVER convince me that Sandy Easdale and Derek Llambias are better managers than McDowall - yet, here we are, with Easdale and Llambias selecting half the damn team.

Yes, something needed to be done - but not this. Not in a million years.

These players may very well help us accomplish promotion and many will say "excellent work, job done" - but there is a much bigger picture at play here - it is called the Club's reputation. This is NOT the way to run a football Club.

Acceptable manner ? There was no choice. We can't run Rangers on the consent of a caretaker manager working his notice who doesn't want to be there.

Believe me, these players are much better than what we've got.

To get promotion something drastic had to be done