McCoist and/or McDowall obtaining promotion for us has been looking increasingly unlikely. The Board should have dealt with it professionally if they had any real desire to get promoted.

We don't/didn't have the money to pay them off due to the onerous contracts they are on. That's why McCoist is on gardening leave & McDowall is hanging around the dug-out

Every now and then, my cynical self rears his head. Today it looked around the corner and said: "Look, it is sure not the best way how this is being handled. Far from it. But on the other side, just look at it this way: There is nothing that would have changed McDowall's hand with regards to team selection, so maybe Llambias and Easdale (and Ashley) were just sick and tired of what passes as football these days at Ibrox?" Somewhere deep down I knew that my cynical self was right ... at least with any changes to the starting eleven.

If the board are not happy with his performance then they should replace him, as would happen at any normal football club. Forcing half a team to play is just an absurd situation. If Sandy Easdale had been of any use for us, we would have had a decent manager in place some time ago.

The contract was given to him by the previous board on oldco. It was TUPE'd over in 2012. Understand?

With the benefit of hindsight the three amigos(Ally, McDowall & Durrant) should have been served their notice long ago. They weren't up to the task but the current board wrongly stuck by them probably in case it caused a backlash and the likes of Graham & Houstoun crawled out of the woodwork arranging more protests & boycotts

Since when have the Board (in any of it's incarnations) cared what Graham and Houston said?. If they only kept the management team in place because they were worried about a backlash from the fans, then why did they refuse the various offers of finance from sources other than Ashley? That has caused an almighty backlash and they don't seem too worried about it.

If the board are not happy with his performance then they should replace him, as would happen at any normal football club. Forcing half a team to play is just an absurd situation. If Sandy Easdale had been of any use for us, we would have had a decent manager in place some time ago.

We can't afford to hire a new manager(and his staff too presumably) whilst the present incumbents still drawing their lucrative salaries whilst working their notices

We don't/didn't have the money to pay them off due to the onerous contracts they are on. That's why McCoist is on gardening leave & McDowall is hanging around the dug-out

Maybe they shouldn't have squandered all that IPO money then ?

Since when have the Board (in any of it's incarnations) cared what Graham and Houston said?. If they only kept the management team in place because they were worried about a backlash from the fans, then why did they refuse the various offers of finance from sources other than Ashley? That has caused an almighty backlash and they don't seem too worried about it.

I don't think the board had the balls to get rid off McCoist and his staff. I think they were hoping he'd get us back to the top division and then leave voluntarily as a hero for taking us back up there. It hasn't worked out though has it?

We can't afford to hire a new manager(and his staff too presumably) whilst the present incumbents still drawing their lucrative salaries whilst working their notices

The Board could have given them their year's notice at any time and then said to them, we want you to stay (if they did) but we need to negotiate a more realistic salary. They didn't and seemed to prefer to keep them in place to distract our attention from other issues.

I don't think the board had the balls to get rid off McCoist and his staff. I think they were hoping he'd get us back to the top division and then leave voluntarily as a hero for taking us back up there. It hasn't worked out though has it?

Huge error of judgement from the board.

probably in case it caused a backlash and the likes of Graham & Houstoun crawled out of the woodwork

That sort of rhetoric isn't acceptable here Rab and you know it fine well, so rein it in please.

Edited by Zappa