McDowall should be taking huge amounts of flak over his dealings in the past few years where he and his buddy presided over a shambolic footballing operation. Training, coaching, developing, bringing players in - have all been utterly awful.

HE - with McCoist - have spunked a fortune (second biggest wage bill) on gutless wonders who have performed diabolically and who see Rangers as a holiday camp anda place for easy money.

I cannot wait to see tha back of Kenny McDowall - and the vast majority of our players.

He also looks like a spineless buffoon in that press conference and never looks far from greeting.

McDowall should be taking huge amounts of flak over his dealings in the past few years where he and his buddy presided over a shambolic footballing operation. Training, coaching, developing, bringing players in - have all been utterly awful.

HE - with McCoist - have spunked a fortune (second biggest wage bill) on gutless wonders who have performed diabolically and who see Rangers as a holiday camp anda place for easy money.

I cannot wait to see tha back of Kenny McDowall - and the vast majority of our players.

The only way we will ever become self sufficient and get on a sound financial footing is by bringing through our own talent and turning decent profits on them and any players we sign. Only our squad which has had a fortune spent on it is ageing, inept and worthless. Only 2 youngsters have featured regularly, one has already left and the other contributes nothing - we would struggle to get a fiver for him.

It was the board's responsibility to address this though they don't seem to care what happens on the park. Since Malmo and Maribo though it was clear our management team didn't have it - they should have stepped aside years ago for someone who wouldn't ruin us on the park. It's not not like they're just bad at management, they really are embarrassingly awful and shouldn't be anywhere near football management.

Bar the tail end of 10/11, the football we played under Smith was atrocious, keeping his two assistants was never going to improve things.

He also looks like a spineless buffoon in that press conference and never looks far from greeting.

I'm not sure about that - I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

He basically stuck a big knife into the board whilst saying all the right things i.e "I'm happy to continue" so they could not dismiss him.

Although is it wrong that I'm actually excited about seeing some players with attacking flair playing?!

Text of email to all members of the RFB.

Dear Rangers Fans Board Members,

On the 27th of January 2015 you passed a Motion of No Confidence in the Board of rangers Football Club, believing that they have "consistently failed to act in the best interests of Rangers Football Club and its fans" and "failing to communicate with the RFB in any meaningful way".

This Motion remains on the table despite a "clear the air" meeting with Directors on 28 January 205.

Today, we have had the astonishing revelation from the Interim Manager/ Coach, Kenny McDowall, that he has been instructed to play all five of the new loan signings from Newcastle in every match when they are fit to play.

This outrageous instruction undermines the authority of the Coach and will lead to a split in the dressing room between the existing players who are not guaranteed a place in the team and the new players who are guaranteed to play.

Furthermore it will make us the laughing stock of the football world.

Looking to the future, no self respecting manager would ever come in and take the job on those conditions, so how are we going to employ a replacement of any quality?

I call upon the RFB to issue a further and final Motion of No Confidence in the Board of Rangers Football Club with an invitation to them to withdraw this instruction to the Coach; failing which I call upon all members of the RFB to resign.

Reply from Gary Gillan on behalf of the RFB.

As you say the Motion of No Confidence in the Rangers Board is still on the table and will remain so until after the next RFB meeting at which it will be discussed. When we have more information to communicate with all the fans, we will so do via the Facebook page.

To which I responded;

I have to be honest and say that that is not much of an answer to a very immediate issue particularly as the said players apparently will be playing on Sunday.

May I also point out that not all of us are on Twitter (my error meant to say Facebook, although the point really applies to both).

Can you not use Rangers' web site or email facilities to communicate with members?

and he replied:

I'm not sure what more you want us to say. On the football side, Kenny McDowall will do what he believes he's been instructed to do and the team will be the team.

We have a Facebook page that we've communicated information through related to the conversations we've held with Derek Llambias, so the information is on the public domain now. As far as using other media it is something we're discussing as the RFB and hope to use all facilities available to us via Rangers as possible.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Reply from Gray Gillan on behalf of the RFB.

As you say the Motion of No Confidence in the Rangers Board is still on the table and will remain so until after the next RFB meeting at which it will be discussed. When we have more information to communicate with all the fans, we will so do via the Facebook page.

To which I responded;

I have to be honest and say that that is not much of an answer to a very immediate issue particularly as the said players apparently will be playing on Sunday.

May I also point out that not all of us are on Twitter (my error meant to say Facebook, although the point really applies to both).

Can you not use Rangers' web site or email facilities to communicate with members?

and he replied:

I'm not sure what more you want us to say. On the football side, Kenny McDowall will do what he believes he's been instructed to do and the team will be the team.

We have a Facebook page that we've communicated information through related to the conversations we've held with Derek Llambias, so the information is on the public domain now. As far as using other media it is something we're discussing as the RFB and hope to use all facilities available to us via Rangers as possible.

BH, what is the point in you asking for them to issue another Vote of No Confidence when the vote of no confidence is already on the table. That is, to me, pointless.

Far be it for me to say, but yet again this comes across as you having a cross to bear with the RFB. They have issued the Vote of No Confidence - it really matters very little what else goes on at the Club as that Vote is still there. A "further and final vote of no confidence" does absolutely nothing. It is as toothless as the original one with a Board that care not.

The RFB have done what they should have.

On top of all that, it really isn't YOUR call to "call upon all members of the RFB to resign". Do you have any idea how egotistical that sounds ?

Edited by craig

BH, what is the point in you asking for them to issue another Vote of No Confidence when the vote of no confidence is already on the table. That is, to me, pointless.

Far be it for me to say, but yet again this comes across as you having a cross to bear with the RFB. They have issued the Vote of No Confidence - it really matters very little what else goes on at the Club as that Vote is still there. A "further and final vote of no confidence" does absolutely nothing. It is as toothless as the original one with a Board that care not.

The RFB have done what they should have.

The reason I sent the email was nothing whatsoever to do with having crosses to bear or otherwise.

It was simply my opinion that the Board apparently insisting on certain players getting a game regardless of form or other considerations was much more serious in the overall scheme of things than a temporary failure to communicate with the RFB.

However, I accept your point and theirs about the Motion on the table.

Apologies if this has already been said but these comments don't seem consistent with McDowall being TOLD to play these players (albeit fitness could be his get out):

"He explained, "All of the new boys are in the squad for Sunday and at the moment it's too early to say if any would be involved in the game. As ever, we'll have a look at the end of the week and see who is fully fit and who is not."

"It sets a challenge to other players as their standards will have to be a bit higher now that the squad is a bit bigger - so it's good competition to have. It's the nature of a club like Rangers that you have to compete for places and it's up to you once you're in there to keep that place in the team."

"

Apologies if this has already been said but these comments don't seem consistent with McDowall being TOLD to play these players (albeit fitness could be his get out):

"He explained, "All of the new boys are in the squad for Sunday and at the moment it's too early to say if any would be involved in the game. As ever, we'll have a look at the end of the week and see who is fully fit and who is not."

"It sets a challenge to other players as their standards will have to be a bit higher now that the squad is a bit bigger - so it's good competition to have. It's the nature of a club like Rangers that you have to compete for places and it's up to you once you're in there to keep that place in the team."

"

I listened to the whole press conference BH. Whilst you're correct about those specific quotes, he could not have been clearer about his instructions regarding those 5 players and the journalists clarified the point 3 or 4 times with him.