Remie Streete would consider a permanent move to Rangers

Newcastle United loanee Remie Streete would consider a permanent move to Rangers

Remie Streete has admitted he could stay on at Rangers if he fails to win a new deal with Newcastle United.

The 20-year-old is out of contract at the end of this season and knows that he might not get the chance to prove himself again at St James’ Park.

He and four of his team-mates, Gael Bigimana Shane Ferguson, Kevin Mbabu and Haris Vuckic, moved to Glasgow on Monday to get some much-needed game time.

And while Streete is rated by the Newcastle coaching staff, he realises this might prove to be an opportunity for him to earn a deal in Scotland.

He said: “My contract is up at the end of the season at Newcastle so it is open as to whether they offer us a new deal or whether I choose to go somewhere else.

“Hopefully things go well at Rangers and I fall in love with the club. Who knows what could happen?”

Rangers face a home Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers this Sunday and Streete fancies an Old Firm match on his CV.

He said: “I have seen the derbies in the past and they are pretty fierce. That is something I would love to play in.

“I might not get the chance this season but who knows for the seasons after?”

Seems the Newcastle supporters think he doesn't get a chance because he fell out with the coaching staff.

It's all about making smart choices for us now. If this boy is decent he could just replace Zaliukas in the squad wages wise.

Jig

Foster

Smith

Black

Daly

Hutton

Boyd

Miller

Shiels ?

Faure

Zaliukas

Simmonsen

Are all out of contract.

We can easily make smart choices to replace them with good quality bosman's. That 'lot' mentioned would carry a sizeable budget to start in terms of replacing like for like, obviously the more quality we bring in the more wages they will attract but King has funds available to strengthen.

Seems the Newcastle supporters think he doesn't get a chance because he fell out with the coaching staff.

So does he expect a favourable referral from the same coaching team, advising Llambias what to do with him ?

Smells like the usual meaningless BS,........... I'll kiss your badge, please love me / us / Llambias.

Edited by buster.