Rangers Fans Board Bears, it's Gary Gillan here. The information was shared to me via a phone call with Derek Llambias yesterday. There was no email. He categorically stated that the date would be March 6th. I asked if it was ok to communicate this and he said yes as it was being communicated today. Once the announcement for the 4th was made I emailed him again (no response) so called him again and he informed me that the date was changed in the early hours of the morning and he was "too busy" to let me/RFB know. Those are the facts.

https://www.facebook.com/rangersfansboard

(It's in the comment section).

Not believable (in respect of Llambias...I don't doubt Gillan). They have had a few weeks to arrange the EGM and suddenly they change it hours before it's announced? That's not the way these things work.

Also why did Llambias leak it in the first place? It's totally unexpected and the fact that it was suggests that they deliberately released incorrect information.

That's twice in 2 days Llambias has lied.

Edited by Bluedell

Not believable (in respect of Llambias...I don't doubt Gillan). They have had a few weeks to arrange the EGM and suddenly they change it hours before it's announced? That's not the way these things work.

Also why did Llambias leak it in the first place? It's totally unexpected and the fact that it was suggests that they deliberately released incorrect information.

That's twice in 2 days Llambias has lied.

I hold the opinion it was Llambias's revenge for the vote of no confidence.

I doubt I could believe a single word any present Director utters.

Update from the RFB:

"The RFB were deliberately misled about the date of the EGM.
The RFB Secretary was specifically told by Derek Llambias that the EGM was being held on March 6th, and was also given Llambias' blessing to communicate this. We are also extremely angry and disappointed at the decision to hold the EGM in London. It is an insult to Rangers supporting shareholders. We are disgusted at this decision which shows no affinity to the Rangers fan base
."

Great statement.

Whilst I don't see what LLambias & the Club Board would have to gain by deliberately misleading the RFB, I agree entirely with the rest of statement. This is exactly what the RFB is in place to say and do.

So well done to them.

because like the rest of this board, he is treating the support with utter contempt.

Yes, that may well be true; but I still don't see what he/the Board would have to gain by deliberately mis-stating the date of the AGM.

To me that's completely counter-productive.

I hold the opinion it was Llambias's revenge for the vote of no confidence.

I doubt I could believe a single word any present Director utters.

Which is why I think that the RFB have to resign en masse.

At best you can't rely on anything you're being told by them and at worst you're deliberately being used to spread misinformation.

Anyone on the Board who is serious about Fan Engagement doesn't hold an annual meeting 500 miles away.

Edited by Mountain Bear

Yes, that may well be true; but I still don't see what he/the Board would have to gain by deliberately mis-stating the date of the AGM.

they don't care if it's counter- productive or not.

the people who are in charge really don't give a fuck what RFB or any other fan thinks,

He's either incompetent and doesn't know what's going on, or he's a lier (whatever his motivation) or he doesn't care enough about the RFB to make the time to correct his error when he realises it (a quick email would have sufficed, even if it was early in the morning).

Given FS's previous comments about him, I don't believe he's incompetent, so you can take your pick of the other two options.

RFB's position is untenable either way IMO.