Its not that hard to understand why he is not liked by a section of the support these days. Alot of our players didnt sign from oldco, iirc, the two Steven's were the only ones who held a press conference regarding it. Whilst I commend all the playing staff at the time for taking the huge reduction in their wages to try and keep us out of administration, saying its not the same club was a big hit to take for support from a players that was very much admired.

Most of the 20odd players leaving at one point or another after the failed CVA had to thank Rangers for giving them the chances of their lives, living our (and their dream) AND handing them loads amounts of money and fame. Does anyone on here begrudge Steven Davis switching from our 4th tier team to Southampton? I doubt it. He did the most honorable thing perhaps, switching sides and seeing money coming back to us in our hour of need, albeit the SFA* snapped it up, illegally IMHO. Whether they would have snapped up any other money as well does not matter here, Naismith and Co. jumped ship at a very opportune moment for them. No doubt, Naismith gave us great entertainment and joy, I'll probably never forget the 5-1 thrashing we handed to Killie to win the title. But the pendulum swung back and as far as I am concerned, the least is said about him, the better.

* Utterly sickening that this has not been solved and reversed thus far. You would hope that King takes up this issue too, as we were essentially blackmailed with the barrel at our heads.

Edited by der Berliner

Nobody seriously expected him to stay but the way he went means he's quite justifiably going to get pelters for years to come. He is a good player though: pacey and strong and very intelligent movement and a nose for goal. Only his touch and close control stop him from being really top class. That and the fact that he's a throbber, obviously.

Given the role of agents, advisors and the general move to individualism, I really cannot condemn the players for leaving....they would have been advised to.

That being said too many fans believed Whyte, Duff and Phelps, Green etc ...

I'd take Naismith back ....

Most of the 20odd players leaving at one point or another after the failed CVA had to thank Rangers for giving them the chances of their lives, living our (and their dream) AND handing them loads amounts of money and fame. Does anyone on here begrudge Steven Davis switching from our 4th tier team to Southampton? I doubt it. He did the most honorable thing perhaps, switching sides and seeing money coming back to us in our hour of need, albeit the SFA* snapped it up, illegally IMHO. Whether they would have snapped up any other money as well does not matter here, Naismith and Co. jumped ship at a very opportune moment for them. No doubt, Naismith gave us great entertainment and joy, I'll probably never forget the 5-1 thrashing we handed to Killie to win the title. But the pendulum swung back and as far as I am concerned, the least is said about him, the better.

* Utterly sickening that this has not been solved and reversed thus far. You would hope that King takes up this issue too, as we were essentially blackmailed with the barrel at our heads.

Getting a fee from Southampton had nothing to do with Davis.