Rangers First the 12th Largest Shareholder in Rangers

RANGERS FIRST have increased their shareholding at Ibrox ahead of the make-or-break Light Blues General Meeting.

The fan ownership group have seen support steadily increase in the last few weeks as thousands of new members have signed up.

After making another share purchase in recent days, they now own 1.4% of Rangers International Football Club plc and hold 1.14million shares in the company.

Alongside the Rangers Supporters Trust, which operate the BuyRangers scheme, RF are poised to vote against the under-fire board at the GM on March 4.

Former Ibrox director Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan are seeking to overthrow the Gers hierarchy and were bullish about their chances of success when they addressed the media in Glasgow last week.

And nine-in-a-row legend Richard Gough, who is an RF member, is eager for the fans to play their part in ousting the beleaguered board.

He said: "I congratulate everyone at Rangers First for reaching this impressive total in such a short space of time. Every vote will count at the forthcoming General Meeting and I urge all supporters and shareholders to back fan ownership groups and vote for Dave King."

Gough joined former team-mate John Brown and Gordon Smith, the former Ibrox striker and Director of Football, in Glasgow yesterday to meet supporters before the Scottish Cup clash with Raith Rovers.

After years of turmoil off the park, the Light Blue legions hope the end is in sight for the current regime, who have come under huge pressure in recent months.

Brown has been an outspoken critic of the board for several years and has issued another rallying call to the rank and file ahead of the crunch shareholder showdown in London next month.

Bomber said: "Rangers fans around the world want their club back and Rangers First deserve great credit for buying so many shares in recent months. This 1.4% stake will be crucial at next month's General Meeting and I am sure all fans will continue to back Rangers First."

The King alliance require a majority of the votes cast at the GM to take their seats at the Ibrox top table and force out chairman David Somers, chief executive Derek Llambias, Barry Leach and James Easdale.

The shares held by supporters are likely to prove crucial if the King plan is to succeed and thousands of fans have signed up to play their part.

There was a sea of empty seats for the Raith tie yesterday as fans continue to vote with their feet and stay away in protest at the Ibrox hierarchy.

The battle against the board has brought large sections of the fanbase together and Smith hopes they will continue to unite in their numbers.

He said: "The last three years have been difficult for all supporters but Rangers First have shown there is a genuine appetite for fan ownership and this 1.4% stake in the club gives them an important voice.

"I have no doubt their numbers will continue to grow beyond the 7,500 members they already have and they can have a big say in the running of their club in the future."

Great to see!

Bit by bit we are getting there.

Is it a given that this 1.4% will be voting against the incumbent board and for the proposed directors ?

I'd be astonished if the RST or RF voted otherwise.

I know Ryan King has proxied his holding to VB but I'd still be surprised if they voted for the incumbent board though am not so sure about them voting for the other resolutions. They may well abstain on Dave King et al.

I'd be astonished if the RST or RF voted otherwise.

I know Ryan King has proxied his holding to VB but I'd still be surprised if they voted for the incumbent board though am not so sure about them voting for the other resolutions. They may well abstain on Dave King et al.

Thank's for the reply Frankie.

I too would be astonished if the RST did otherwise but I simply don't know enough about RF to know and for that reason asked the question.

I was at the RF meeting yesterday morning and while some of the soundbites were all worthwhile I was disappointed to attend a meeting a few days after the EGM announcement, and a full 3 weeks after the EGM was called for, and RF still have no poll asking members what way they want to vote. It was taken as a given that the vote will be in favour of all 7 resolutions, but as a democracy RF has to go through with the polling of its members.

In comparison the RST have had a poll up for its members to vote since Friday.

RF cannot with any sincerity ask shareholders to proxy votes to them when it has not declared its democratically produced voting intentions.

There is a real desire for as many shareholders as possible to give a proxy vote to any body who will be voting in favour of all 7 resolutions to avoid having to attend the meeting in London, and to ensure as many votes as possible are polled, and I was fully expecting to hear the details of the poll being put up that day and how it would run.

Get your act together RF on this asap. Dont take your eye off the ball from what is really important. Democracy must be totally transparant or you will lose support.

I was at the RF meeting yesterday morning and while some of the soundbites were all worthwhile I was disappointed to attend a meeting a few days after the EGM announcement, and a full 3 weeks after the EGM was called for, and RF still have no poll asking members what way they want to vote. It was taken as a given that the vote will be in favour of all 7 resolutions, but as a democracy RF has to go through with the polling of its members.

In comparison the RST have had a poll up for its members to vote since Friday.

RF cannot with any sincerity ask shareholders to proxy votes to them when it has not declared its democratically produced voting intentions.

There is a real desire for as many shareholders as possible to give a proxy vote to any body who will be voting in favour of all 7 resolutions to avoid having to attend the meeting in London, and to ensure as many votes as possible are polled, and I was fully expecting to hear the details of the poll being put up that day and how it would run.

Get your act together RF on this asap. Dont take your eye off the ball from what is really important. Democracy must be totally transparant or you will lose support.

To be fair The RST and RF both have one member one vote systems so its a bit unfair to claim you know the RST vote before its been announced but dismissing the vote of RF as unclear. So your criticism of asking for proxies should fall equally on both orgs or as IMO on neither as I think its very clear how the fans will be voting.

I asked Ricki Neil yesterday when the emails for the votes are coming out and he said later this week.

I think you have picked me up wrong Greg.

I said the RST has had its members vote poll up already and i want the RF vote poll to be available for members asap.

As soon as the RF has the vote for its members, it can then go and ask for proxies from non-RF shareholders as it is clear who RF will be voting for and like-minded shareholders who cant attend the EGM may want to utilise RF to enable their votes to count.

The RST cannot yet declare which way it is going to vote in the EGM as it is currently undergoing its member vote through its website just now, but it can give an indication (as seen in the other thread just now) that there is overwhelming support for all 7 resolutions.

It is all a bit of a moot point because we all know that all 7 resolutions will be voted for by all well-meaning Rangers supporters/shareholders, my main point was that RF are behind the 8-ball in this event and that was surprising to me as a member given how proactive RF have been in other areas.