Supporters club stories

I saw a thread on FF about a guy whose bus left after the game yesterday before he managed to get back to it and it reminded me of a couple of amusing stories from my old (now defunct) supporters club:

We had a midweek game away to Motherwell and had agreed with the bus driver that we would go into the Fir Park Club for a quickie after the game to allow the traffic to clear and then go to the bus at an arranged time. We did this but 3 guys decided to stay on in the club for a couple more. We got to the bus and told the driver to leave as were weren't going to wait around for them when they knew the rest of us had all left. The bus was on the M8 heading for Ibrox when they called and said that they had finished and could we come round with the bus and pick them up. A running commentary then ensued from the bus as to how we were getting closer and closer to the club and "would there in a minute" while the bus continued to speed down the motorway, getting further and further away from Motherwell. They weren't happy when the finally clicked that we had abandoned them.

There was another time when we had to go out our way to pick up a member at the end of the game. We were playing at Easter Road and the bus pulled up at the side of a road while we all jumped out. A guy in jeans and a t-shirt shouted in at the driver that he couldn't stop there and would have to move, to which one of my mates told him it was none of his business and he should take a **** to himself, when the warrant card appeared and needless to say he missed the game. We had to pick him up from the nick afterwards and tell him all about the game so that he could talk sensibly about it to his wife when he got home so she didn't find out he'd been lifted.

Any other supporter club stories that anyone would like to share?

Not a Rangers one but I went to see a Dortmund game last year with my son. I go more often but we were normally in a group so I just followed the group. As always as soon as we arrived we disappeared into the drinking tents that are placed all round the car park. After the game I had to make my way back to the bus alone with my son and had no idea how to get back. I kept seeing signs for the Underground and thought I have never seen that before so it must be the other way and started walking in the other direction. Seemingly in the hurry to get to the beer tent I missed the underground sign which was pretty near the bus. Eventually I used my best German to ask a policemen where car-park C2 was and he pointed in the direction of the underground and a huge sign about 20 mtrs away from the entrance C2. Just at that some guy's from the bus shouted on me they had sent out a search party. Seemingly the driver wanted to leave me but the other guy's I was with would not allow him until they had searched for me. Thankfully I had noted the car-park number but will ask a bit earlier if I am ever lost again.

Years ago me and my pals missed our supporters bus back to Glasgow after a midweek game at Tynecastle and a stop-off at the pub. We managed to get a lift from the Toonheid Supporters bus. The bus duly broke down in Bathgate whereupon the younger members from the bus proceeded to try to break into a Newsagents just beside the bus. They were encouraged in their endeavours by the more senior members, "Screw it right" and such other advice. The police duly arrived but no arrests were made. Eventually a replacement bus got us back to Glasgow much to our relief!

Not a bus story but I don't want to start a new thread for it. I was reading a thread on another forum yesterday about annoying pop up adverts on the site.(We handled it already) After some good advice one poster wrote "I like the pop-ups there are 48 local lassies wanting to shag me" I had to laugh at that.

Going down to Manchester for the UEFA final , I and some mates came straight off a night shift and headed down , highlight of the journey down was getting passed by a mini bus on the ouside lane with the side door open , now out of this door was a guys leg in a "stookey" but we couldnt see him as he had 6 cases of lager perched on his lap .

Then when we reached Manchester we were heading to a car park in the deansgate area when we came round a corner to see another minibus trying to get into a bit of derelict land but being stopped by a Giant of a Black security guard , the guys on the bus proceded to do the bouncy and actually bounced the minibus round 90 degrees so it was pointing into the place they wanted to park , the big black guy just laughed and let them in , to honking of horns and much cheering from all the bears watching.

Lastly on the same trip , we were picking up tickets from a friend in the Deansgate hilton , little did we realise that that was UEFA's main base , now while we were waiting I decided to see if there was any rooms left as we had no where to stay , and hey presto they had a cancellation and me and my 5 mates ended up not only staying there but having Champagne with Michael Platini and the rest of the heads of UEFA , plus the legend that is Jim White fro m SKY , absolutely brilliant .

In 1976, a dozen of us from Strathclyde Uni' decided to travel on the Duke Street Bristol Bar bus, to Birmingham for a Saturday afternoon friendly against Aston Villa. The bus was leaving at midnight on Friday, after the pub closed. Approximately, 70 Bears loaded on to a SMT double decker. Accompanied by a similar number of cargoes. The Convenor explained there was a comfort five gallon drum on the downstairs back seat. He indicated drum and location using a funnel, which he placed in the small aperture.

Obviously, a well rehearsed practise which avoided stops, and it worked well over the next three hours. Gradually, the bus fell asleep as it continued down the M6. Around Knutsford, a screaming match erupted as a few Bears waking up, went to use the service and discovered someone had crapped in the funnel. Loud recriminations ensued, and medieval threats issued, the culprit must identify himself.

The phantom funnel crapper remains a mystery.

we never went on buses. We hitched for nothing. Slept in Euston station. A pre season friendly against Spurs.

another time wandering through suburbs of newcastle after the game when we spilled onto the pitch due to crowd pressure. Beat 2....1

breakfasted on fresh bread and milk delivered to the doorsteps of posher geordies...................got pelters from geordie van drivers next day going back up north

I saw a thread on FF about a guy whose bus left after the game yesterday before he managed to get back to it and it reminded me of a couple of amusing stories from my old (now defunct) supporters club:

We had a midweek game away to Motherwell and had agreed with the bus driver that we would go into the Fir Park Club for a quickie after the game to allow the traffic to clear and then go to the bus at an arranged time. We did this but 3 guys decided to stay on in the club for a couple more. We got to the bus and told the driver to leave as were weren't going to wait around for them when they knew the rest of us had all left. The bus was on the M8 heading for Ibrox when they called and said that they had finished and could we come round with the bus and pick them up. A running commentary then ensued from the bus as to how we were getting closer and closer to the club and "would there in a minute" while the bus continued to speed down the motorway, getting further and further away from Motherwell. They weren't happy when the finally clicked that we had abandoned them.

There was another time when we had to go out our way to pick up a member at the end of the game. We were playing at Easter Road and the bus pulled up at the side of a road while we all jumped out. A guy in jeans and a t-shirt shouted in at the driver that he couldn't stop there and would have to move, to which one of my mates told him it was none of his business and he should take a **** to himself, when the warrant card appeared and needless to say he missed the game. We had to pick him up from the nick afterwards and tell him all about the game so that he could talk sensibly about it to his wife when he got home so she didn't find out he'd been lifted.

Any other supporter club stories that anyone would like to share?

Nae wonder they stayed on.

Thats a beauty. All that needed to happen was watching a repeat of the game and it shows your group in the crowd with him not there....erm, I was away getting a drink love.

years ago at dundee on the way home the bus picked up two fans from springburn and they were very drunk they had missed their bus so on you come lads they just sat down and conked out.anyway one of our members fell and split his head so off to ninewells for some patching up just as the bloke is leaving the hospital about one and a half hours later abot one on a sunday morning one of the springburn lads wakens up.

he asks were are we someone said the royal infirmary then he shakes his pal right wullie were hame and off they went thinking they were in glasgow but still in dundee , so if you were on of this deadly duo let us know