RANGERS latest signing Kevin Thomson was given a 23 minute run-out in tonight's 3-0 win over Airdrie United at the Excelsior Stadium.

Kevin Thomson The 22-year-old midfielder recieved a rapturous applause when he came off the bench to replace Alan Hutton in the second-half and he put in an impressive display in his short spell on the pitch.

Walter Smith's team dominated the majority of the match and two first-half goals meant the Gers players could enjoy the second and give five substitutes a taste of the action.

Davie Weir, one of Rangers best players on the night, opened the scoring with his first goal for the club on 21 minutes.

Charlie Adam played a wicked free-kick into the penalty box from the left wing and the defender glaced the ball superbly beyond Airdrie keeper Stephen Robertson.

There was not a lot of great football played in the opening 45 minutes but Chris Burke's strike to double his side's advantage was worth the admission fee alone.

The winger, playing on the left, cut inside his marker before firing a terrific shot from 25 yards which flew into the roof of the net.

Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall were in charge of the team in the absence of manager Walter Smith, and they decided to take Weir and Svensson off at the interval and replace them Weir celebrates goal against Airdrie with Ugo Ehiogu and Sasa Papac.

Thomas Buffel then came off the bench prior to the hour mark before Thomson was given the biggest cheer of the night when he was introduced to the game.

Rangers retained possossion impressively in the second-half and the Rangers fans were out of their seats again with eight minutes remaining when Filip Sebo fired home a third, much to the delight of the travelling Gers support.

Burke fed the ball to the Slovakian striker and he cut inside before firing a low right-foot shot through a ruck of players.

The relief of his face after he finally found the net again said it all and it capped a good nights work for the Gers.

RANGERS: Robinson (Gallacher 82); Hutton (Thomson 67), Svensson (Ehiogu 45), Weir (Papac 45), Murray; Burke, Adam, Rae, Sionko; Sebo, Novo (Buffel 58)

Subs: Ferguson

Read that Sebo spat in one of the Airdrie's players face, more ammunition for the ghtf squad. Even if he did do it, and it is the most horrible thing to do but i think the guy is as frustrated as hell that things are not working out.

I certainly won't condone such behaviour but the guy is standing on his toes trying to get things to turn around so i can imagine his frustration.

Read that Sebo spat in one of the Airdrie's players face, more ammunition for the ghtf squad. Even if he did do it, and it is the most horrible thing to do but i think the guy is as frustrated as hell that things are not working out.

I certainly won't condone such behaviour but the guy is standing on his toes trying to get things to turn around so i can imagine his frustration.

IF only some of our better players got such lenient treatment from the fans.

It is not the first time our better players have done things like that and got away with it. They are just forgiven easier.

It is not the first time our better players have done things like that and got away with it. They are just forgiven easier.

How can you state that when hardly any of the fans will know about this yet?

Think thats crap anyway. Sebo has done bugger all to deserve his adulation yet.

How can you state that when hardly any of the fans will know about this yet?

Think thats crap anyway. Sebo has done bugger all to deserve his adulation yet.

Originally Posted by Super_Ally

You made the first statement about our fans mate, i just gave you an answer to it that is why i just quoted you.

You made the first statement about our fans mate, i just gave you an answer to it that is why i just quoted you.

First comment was in reference to fans like yourself though. Who seem very easy to stick teh boot into good servants of teh club but yet give other people who have little to offer or have acheived little for us all the time in the world. Just a train of thought I cna't get on board with. For instance I doubt your views on Boyd would be as light if it had been him.

First comment was in reference to fans like yourself though. Who seem very easy to stick teh boot into good servants of teh club but yet give other people who have little to offer or have acheived little for us all the time in the world. Just a train of thought I cna't get on board with. For instance I doubt your views on Boyd would be as light if it had been him.

I already said i don't condone spitting but to link it to a sell at all cost penalty is OTT. I would say the same with all Rangers players and other teams. It is horrible but not the end of the world. I have no problem with Boyd exept he can not play football. As long as he scores in every game that is not a problem. If he goes a while without scoring then it does become a problem.

Why were we playing Airdrie anyway?? And thats a pretty good team we put out for this type of match.

Well done Sebo for scoring but i hope he didnt spit on a players face!!

Just looking at that team we have strength in depth at the back. To have the luxury of 4 centre halfs in 1 game is refreshing, that with still 1 to come back.