Rangers First now the biggest fan ownership group in Britain 11.000 members

To be fair, I think Mark has finally realised that allowing the promotion of both schemes on the biggest Rangers fan forum is a sensible tactic ahead of the EGM (and hopefully beyond).

The momentum both share schemes now have is excellent and must be catalysed carefully by those of us interested in fan ownership.

FF does the RST absolutely no favours whatsoever.

FF has always been one of RST's biggest strengths and one of it's biggest weaknesses as well. It's probably traditionally got most of its members from FF but its strong connection to FF has also alienated a number of fans, particularly those who don't use forums, and therefore it has not appealed to the wider fanbase.

Now that MD is off the board the connection has lessened and it's now up to the board members to spread the word beyond FF. It's good to have the likes of Plgsarmy on here, and there's at least 4 other ex-board members who are regular contributors on here as well.

To be fair, I think Mark has finally realised that allowing the promotion of both schemes on the biggest Rangers fan forum is a sensible tactic ahead of the EGM (and hopefully beyond).

The momentum both share schemes now have is excellent and must be catalysed carefully by those of us interested in fan ownership.

Maybe - but I had to post my thread twice about them reaching 10,000 members as the first one got deleted.

My only regrets in this area is that there are two separate schemes for supporters and that Rangers First didn't really get off the ground until the turn of this year. Would love to turn the clock back to two or three years ago and we could have been in an incredibly strong position.

My only regrets in this area is that there are two separate schemes for supporters and that Rangers First didn't really get off the ground until the turn of this year. Would love to turn the clock back to two or three years ago and we could have been in an incredibly strong position.

To be honest I doubt if much would have changed. The main rush only happened after people realised they could possibly make a difference at this EGM. If the 3 bears and King had not got their shares and turned things about then I doubt if there would have been the same reaction to the two schemes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Fan ownership is still somewhat of a pipedream, two or three years ago it seemed impossible to us. If we knew then that our club was going to have the evil that it has at its core now, im sure the scheme's would have had a very fast uptake in members buying in that it has had recently.

FF has always been one of RST's biggest strengths and one of it's biggest weaknesses as well. It's probably traditionally got most of its members from FF but its strong connection to FF has also alienated a number of fans, particularly those who don't use forums, and therefore it has not appealed to the wider fanbase.

Now that MD is off the board the connection has lessened and it's now up to the board members to spread the word beyond FF. It's good to have the likes of Plgsarmy on here, and there's at least 4 other ex-board members who are regular contributors on here as well.

I've given the RST stick in the past but I think they have been excellent recently and I am now a member, also contributing to the Gersnet BR scheme. As for FF, I haven't used it much in the last few years but I was a regular poster 10 or so years ago where you would regularly get permanently banned for no reason then just stick a 2, 3 or 4 at the end of your name and create a new account. I used FF for years and I've lost count of the accounts I went through. You were never given a reason why you were banned, nor was the ban anything other than permanent. Using this username I made a new account last summer but eventually got another permanent ban. The only thing I can think of that got the ban was having the audacity to question when the red and black strips would be arriving. FF might back the right horse but it's just as poorly run as RM.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy