Promotion for Rangers…..

seems to depend on two things;

- How good the 5 loanees from Newcastle are.

- If there is a new manager in place for play offs

It's fair to say the league has gone. It would take a major nosebleed by the jambos to give Rangers or Hibs a chance. Rangers' new signings, if the one that was playing last night is instructive, are very good. Five of those types in the team and I'd be very surprised if the other teams weren't overwhelmed in the play offs, Hibs included. Hibs were lucky last night.

Factor in a new competent coach after your egm and I'd expect Rangers to get promotion.

It is possible that Newcastle reserves will be better than anything plying their trade in Scotland outwith a handful of players - as a short term fix over a few seasons, it may be very beneficial indeed as the club's finances are restructured.

Crazy as it may sound to some of you, but I make Rangers firm favourites for promotion via the play offs, as the next 2 months unfold in Ranger's favour. I may have a bet now, which will temper the crushing disappointment when the Hibbies have to spend another season in the Championship. Or, if you use exchanges, buy now and trade out in a couple of months as the price shortens.

If you hadn't got those 5 in on the last day of the transfer window, you'd have had no chance. Good game last night.

seems to depend on two things;

- How good the 5 loanees from Newcastle are.

- If there is a new manager in place for play offs

It's fair to say the league has gone. It would take a major nosebleed by the jambos to give Rangers or Hibs a chance. Rangers' new signings, if the one that was playing last night is instructive, are very good. Five of those types in the team and I'd be very surprised if the other teams weren't overwhelmed in the play offs, Hibs included. Hibs were lucky last night.

Factor in a new competent coach after your egm and I'd expect Rangers to get promotion.

It is possible that Newcastle reserves will be better than anything plying their trade in Scotland outwith a handful of players - as a short term fix over a few seasons, it may be very beneficial indeed as the club's finances are restructured.

Crazy as it may sound to some of you, but I make Rangers firm favourites for promotion via the play offs, as the next 2 months unfold in Ranger's favour. I may have a bet now, which will temper the crushing disappointment when the Hibbies have to spend another season in the Championship. Or, if you use exchanges, buy now and trade out in a couple of months as the price shortens.

If you hadn't got those 5 in on the last day of the transfer window, you'd have had no chance. Good game last night.

agree with that mostly. My only worry is we need to replace law,boyd and miller, do the new recruits cover those positions?

Boyd needs to retire !!!

Is he one of the ones who is out of contract this summer?

The only way he can improve, again, is if we get the right management in and he gets the correct delivery to him. Boyd was always only good at one thing and the current system does him no favours, his scoring record this season proves that.

Honestly, watching the highlights and seeing him miss at leas t4 decent chances makes you wonder. He sure has the "plague at his feet" as we use to say over here, yet, he still gets into the right positions. At the end of the day though, there comes the point when you cannot rely on this luxury to wait till he scores from 1 in 5 or 2 in 10 chances. Gallacher and Hardie should eventually get their chances.