Shareholding...

I've seen various people soften their attitude in recent weeks. Quite simply there's nothing positive to lay your hat on when it comes to the status quo. Hence, why we get the weak Ashley billionaire argument rather than something based on fact.

Doesn't matter who in effect controls the club, the net worth of the main benefactor shouldn't be a long term issue. We need to stand on our own two feet, not rely on the good nature of person A or B.

The boom and bust SDM spending era is long gone and will not be repeated. Some fans have still to accept that.

I'm of the opinion that if King wins the EGM (as I expect he will) he will try to involve Ashley in some way if it can be seen to be beneficial to Rangers.

I'm of the opinion that if King wins the EGM (as I expect he will) he will try to involve Ashley in some way if it can be seen to be beneficial to Rangers.

As long as Ashley has these contracts in place and wants to remain involved then any board will have to try and work with him. King is no different.

He will try to involve Ashley as little as possible apart from what is cast in stone. That's the whole point of this.

I'm sure King will point out to Ashley that SD will sell more shirts and make both parties more cash, if he can tell the fans that the contract has been renegotiated and is now more equitable towards RFIC.

Otherwise I foresee lots of Protest and Lionbrand shirts being sold until 2017.

Whether Ashley listens is another matter though.

I'm sure King will point out to Ashley that SD will sell more shirts and make both parties more cash, if he can tell the fans that the contract has been renegotiated and is now more equitable towards RFIC.

Otherwise I foresee lots of Protest and Lionbrand shirts being sold until 2017.

Whether Ashley listens is another matter though.

Do you think there would be enough protest/lionbrand merch sold to offset the cost of buying back unsold stock? I do hope that sense prevails. It makes sense to me that MA would reconsider his deals to maximize sales but "whether Ashley listens....".

The buying back of unsold stock , I understand was/is a one off due to mistakes by the club in ordering too much stock , could be wrong though

It's a method of allowing SD to discount and yet still maintain their margin at Rangers expense, they're having their cake and eating it.

I may have picked it up wrong and jumped to the conclusion it was one of them darn onerous ones. Sad that you just take it for granted these days that every dealing someone has with our Club these days is tied up in such a way that it benefits a lot of people except ourselves.