Shareholding...

Given the query about VB, sorry if this has been addressed before, but what happens in the event that the existing board members are voted out and the proposed new members are all rejected, are we left with no directors or does the incumbent stay in place? Given that the vote may well be very close, the VB situation (and others likeminded) may lead us into this position...

Any shareholder can request a meeting to appoint new directors (I think, as a PLC, we need a minimum of two to satisfy the Companies Act).

The company secretary would arrange that.

Any shareholder can request a meeting to appoint new directors (I think, as a PLC, we need a minimum of two to satisfy the Companies Act).

The company secretary would arrange that.

Thanks for that Frankie, was worried we might get them voted out, but have them stay on as there was no replacement or something silly like that!

I'd be interested as well, I remember they were pro Whyte a while after the event.

See my reply to BD above.

They've made statements opposing the existing board but are regularly criticising King on Twitter.

Moreover they have the proxy of Ryan King who excuses the current board and opposes King.

Who knows how they'll vote!?

With regard to VB and their stance, they've published this article today which may enlighten a few folk as to their point of view:

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=41&a=a-financial-experts-opinion-of-rangers\%27-future

In saying that, VB did carry D'art's article from yesterday so there is clearly some editorial balance thankfully.

Edited by Frankie

With regard to VB and their stance, they've published this article today which may enlighten a few folk as to their point of view:

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=41&a=a-financial-experts-opinion-of-rangers\%27-future

I think that article echoes previous analysis that seems to ignore variables that could be considered as 'elephants in the room'. Some of which, D'artagan broaches in his recent article on the same site.

Going on what we know from recent experience, I think it fair to say that the article does not portray a full and accurate picture from which to come to an informed judgement.

Edited by buster.

I think that article echoes previous analysis that seems to ignore variables that could be considered as 'elephants in the room'.

Going on what we know from recent experience, I think it fair to say that the article does not portray a full and accurate picture from which to come to an informed judgement.

Very much so. The author is clearly cherry-picking information to suit his opinion rather than forming his opinion based on all relevant information.

On that basis, and looking back on their prior records of personal investment levels (or lack thereof) and corporate governance, I'm left with no option but to oppose their involvement at our club.

Is King's £20m investment in us being airbrushed from history?

The article does raise some relevant and valid concerns about the King/Murray bid although they equally apply to current board as well.

To me, it breaks down to whether I want people in charge who want the best for the club or those who appear to have other priorities, be it another master or just doing whatever it takes to maintain their own position even if harms the club.

King may not be the complete saviour that we all hope but hopefully he can get a 50%+ increase in season tickets for next season, something that the other side have no chance of achieving, whether it appears in a business plan or not.

I think that article echoes previous analysis that seems to ignore variables that could be considered as 'elephants in the room'.

Basically anyone can be an expert in anything they like but that needn't mean they're objective. No idea who wrote that article but as much as I agree with some of the concerns they have, it's clear they also lack objectivity.