It's not a transcript.

I was having severe problems with the feed in the first hour or so can't really in all fairness pass much comment on that period.

This is the way I see it as well. Minutes are a snapshot record of the meeting and not meant to be a transcript. They are intended to record the business discussed as well as updates on previous action points.

The action points should include what was to be actioned and by whom.

And yes. I still do not know if actioned is a word (putting in an extra n does not work either). My browser flags it every time yet where I work the word is used in day to day comms from all sorts of different stakeholders.

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil

Yes it was, webex.

The Minutes say:

Invited Attendees:

Fans Board:

Alison Clark-Dick, Christine Murdoch, Gary Gillan, William Gillan, William Paterson, William Findlay, Robert Callaghan, Tom Clements, Alan Fraser, Zia Islam, Tom Johnstone* (Tom had connection issues throughout the meeting).

Whilst "Invited Attendees" is a rather unusual phrase, in my experience it is customary to simply say "Present" and refer to "Also in Attendance" persons who are not members of the Board e.g. Jim Hannah; nonethless the phrase Invited Attendees: suggests persons who were present in the room where the meeting took place.

Equally if some persons were only "present" by video link that should also be recorded.

Might one ask, how many people actually were present in the room where the meeting took place?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The Minutes say:

Whilst "Invited Attendees" is a rather unusual phrase, in my experience it is customary to simply say "Present" and refer to "Also in Attendance" persons who are not members of the Board e.g. Jim Hannah; nonethless the phrase Invited Attendees: suggests persons who were present in the room where the meeting took place.

Equally if some persons were only "present" by video link that should also be recorded.

Might one ask, how many people actually were present in the room where the meeting took place?

I think 7 RFB members were in the room at the time.

This is the way I see it. Minutes are a snapshot record of the meeting and not meant to be a transcript. They are intended to record the business discussed as well as updates on previous action points.

The action points should include what was to be actioned and by whom.

And yes. I still do not know if actioned is a word (putting in an extra n does not work either). My browser flags it every time yet where I work the word is used in day to day comms from all sorts of different stakeholders.

I agree that these "Minutes" read much more like a transcript than normal Minutes which would only record the fact that questions were asked and answers given, with perhaps the most important answers being recorded in some detail.

If these Minutes were meant to be a transcript, then the meeting should have been recorded, especially with the Secretary only being "in attendance" by video link and the previous history of difficulties with his connection.

"Dear Blue Noses

It was a pleasure representing you all for the last 6 months of RFBs existence.

Due to what happened at the meeting and the publication of the meeting minutes on this forum without the permission of the RIFC Board will now inevitably result in the sacking of the RFB members and dissolution of the Fans Board.

This would not dampen our desire and motivation to get our club back from the clutches of the mafia who have blackened our name for the past 3 years.

We will get back where we belong, we will become the Top team in the country, because We Are The Rangers.

Signing off. Dr. ZIA ISLAM.

PS: To all those fellow Rangers on this forum and other, who have doubted our sincerity, in the current cirmstances we would have done the same, it is natural to get suspicious of everyone when you are trying to save something so precious to you. Take care. See you at the EGM."

"Dear Blue Noses

It was a pleasure representing you all for the last 6 months of RFBs existence.

Due to what happened at the meeting and the publication of the meeting minutes on this forum without the permission of the RIFC Board will now inevitably result in the sacking of the RFB members and dissolution of the Fans Board.

This would not dampen our desire and motivation to get our club back from the clutches of the mafia who have blackened our name for the past 3 years.

We will get back where we belong, we will become the Top team in the country, because We Are The Rangers.

Signing off. Dr. ZIA ISLAM.

PS: To all those fellow Rangers on this forum and other, who have doubted our sincerity, in the current cirmstances we would have done the same, it is natural to get suspicious of everyone when you are trying to save something so precious to you. Take care. See you at the EGM."

Can we infer from this post that the RFB was being deliberately restrained from publishing the minutes of the meeting by RIFC?