Fans Board Statement re Llambias intention to disband it.

Appreciate the kind words but I wouldn't consider myself equipped well enough for the job.

If a fan is voted onto the board (and one or two should be) then they should not only possess the business expertise to ensure they can take an active part in the decision-making but the time available to devote themselves properly to what will be a hugely difficult position. As much as I may represent a reasonably ordinary supporter, I have neither the background or time that would be asked of me.

think it was billy connelly who said "the want to be a politician should immediately ban you from ever being one"

not sure we need any representitive to be business savoy now. Too many chefs. We need a broad spectrum of ideas and perspectives, its then the job of the business side to find the best way to implement those ideas. Not all good ideas make business sense and if restricted to that manner would ultimately hurt the club.

A William I may be but see post 156 for my manifesto.... :whistle:

I saw what you did post 156....reverse psychology! :D

I'll be interested to see how the board go about engaging with RF & BR. If the Club was to promote these vehicles and help boost the numbers to an extent where it's obvious to anyone that both groups represent a wide variation of supporters, maybe those groups could be used to have candidates put themselves forward? I can't imagine it will be on top of the to-do-list though.

By the way, the club once again threatening their own fans with legal action is nothing short of a disgrace. Some may wish to excuse it but such actions are symptomatic of a regime that will never be capable of building the kind of mutual respect required to deliver a successful Rangers.

I'm stunned any supporter thinks they're worth backing.

I think the worst thing about that is that it was the immediate default position. No polite, "Do you mind taking that FaceBook page down, please?" to start with. It's threatened from the first communication (which I'm assuming it is).

I think the worst thing about that is that it was the immediate default position. No polite, "Do you mind taking that FaceBook page down, please?" to start with. It's threatened from the first communication (which I'm assuming it is).

Excellent point mate.

think it was billy connelly who said "the want to be a politician should immediately ban you from ever being one"

not sure we need any representitive to be business savoy now. Too many chefs. We need a broad spectrum of ideas and perspectives, its then the job of the business side to find the best way to implement those ideas. Not all good ideas make business sense and if restricted to that manner would ultimately hurt the club.

It's a fair point and that's where I think a fan board has merit - i.e. we have a committee discussing such matters and taking our opinions to the club board via someone who can operate at the kind of level I personally wouldn't feel all that comfortable in.

Edited by Frankie

Appreciate the kind words but I wouldn't consider myself equipped well enough for the job.

If a fan is voted onto the board (and one or two should be) then they should not only possess the business expertise to ensure they can take an active part in the decision-making but the time available to devote themselves properly to what will be a hugely difficult position. As much as I may represent a reasonably ordinary supporter, I have neither the background or time that would be asked of me.

I don't think that there's many (if any) on here who wouldn't think you would be a great fan rep. You may not tick all the boxes in respect of business experience but you make up for that in a lot of other ways, and would be a quick learner in the areas that you're unfamiliar with..

Having time is one of the major issues, and the person(s) who were to go for it would need to be able to devote a lot of time and be willing to put up with a lot of abuse and scrutiny and that's what would put a lot of people off.