Fans Board Statement re Llambias intention to disband it.

"previously tried to co-opt Stuart onto the RFB but were prevented from doing so.

Are you at liberty to elaborate on this FS ? Understand if you cant :thup:

It was raised at a RFB meeting but we were informed by the Club that it wouldn't be allowed to proceed.

It was raised at a RFB meeting but we were informed by the Club that it wouldn't be allowed to proceed.

Did they give an explanation on what grounds they were refusing to allow the co-opting ? Again, don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position so feel free to say "No comment" :D

I honestly don't think that will be a problem as I don't foresee any new regime using the current RFB model as their chosen option for fan engagement especially given the upsurge in support for both the RST and RF etc.

It doesn't make it OK though.

However we obviously disagree so best to leave it at that.

Did they give an explanation on what grounds they were refusing to allow the co-opting ? Again, don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position so feel free to say "No comment" :D

Not in any detail.

It doesn't make it OK though.

However we obviously disagree so best to leave it at that.

Fair enough.

Four of us myself included met with Paul Murray and John Gilligan the same day the other fans groups did. All groups met them separately.

The meeting was productive they put forward their plans and were open and forthright with us.

I honestly don't think that will be a problem as I don't foresee any new regime using the current RFB model as their chosen option for fan engagement especially given the upsurge in support for both the RST and RF etc.

I agree that if King & 3B gain control they will not use the RFB as a conduit to the fans. Its a pity that the differing fans groups could not meet P. Murray & John Gilligan together. One of the reasons I did not support the RF set up was due to it not being a campaigning group (other than buying shares). Hopefully we can a have a merger giving the fans a real say in our club after the EGM, surely we can see that these differing groups weaken our response to issues at times. We should speak with one voice, one member one vote. Obviously there is one small faction that will be against, but we will never get 100% agreement, but we can live with that.

Four of us myself included met with Paul Murray and John Gilligan the same day the other fans groups did. All groups met them separately.

The meeting was productive they put forward their plans and were open and forthright with us.

Since you met them under the auspices of the 'RFB banner' will you be giving us - the fans you represent - a report on what their plans were?