http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_1888090,00.html

Rangers have signed Danish striker Adda Djeziri on loan from BK Frem until the end of the season, when they may strike a permanent deal.

The 18-year-old was recruited before the transfer window closed on Wednesday night, it has emerged, and will now have the chance to earn a permanent move to Ibrox.

Djeziri said: "It's a big club. Everything about the club is good and it works well for everyone, so I am very pleased."

The low-profile deal may not have an immediate impact on the first team, but Rangers will be hoping that Djeziri does enough to justify a long-term stay in Glasgow.

Previous Danes to have enjoyed success at Ibrox include Brian Laudrup and Peter Lovenkrands.

BK Frem head coach Anders Theil said: "It is of course a shame that we won't have Adda here this spring, but he has the chance to prove himself in Scotland.

"It's good for Adda, and he could join Rangers after the loan period and BK Frem could receive some money."

Theil said: "He's got good potential and he's a very quick player, but he is still young.

"I don't think he will be near the first team in the first half year, although they have the option to buy him in the summer."

Meanwhile Rangers are in no rush to sign Falkirk striker Alan Gow to a pre-contract agreement.

They confirmed to Falkirk last week, after having three bids for the 24-year-old rejected, that it was their intention to bring Gow to Ibrox in the summer.

With Gow in the final six months of his contract, Rangers are entitled to talk with the player, however a club spokesman confirmed that nothing was imminent.

This went by without anything being said and not on the official site. Is it true or just another website rumour.

adda2xw7.jpg

I bet he'll turn out to be another player who isn't given the chance.

That was 1 thing that has bugged me with Eck and Le Guen - all these youngsters and they dont get a chance to play when the team has been shite

That was 1 thing that has bugged me with Eck and Le Guen - all these youngsters and they dont get a chance to play when the team has been shite

I agree, but also most of the guys PLG signed were all fairly young. It was more the experienced guys that he didn't want to sign - Pressley. ECk had his favourites like Namouchi and tended to stick with them.

Hopefully WS gives this kid and some others a chance to shine. Hopefully if we have 2nd place sewn up before the end of the season some of them will be given a run in the side