Contract check - as of February 2015

Son...he wouldn't do as backup, you have no idea of the fine legacy when you include McGregor to qualify your statement.

Yes I do. McGregor has performed well in the premiership at a poor side and is a quality keeper. Not quite the keeper our fans claimed he was (eg best in Britain) but still a very good one. He has never been replaced, much like every other good player we lost during admin.

I don't think Robinson should get a new deal. It's been a very odd season in that we have had to use 3 goalkeepers but it is a bit of an anomoly. I'd rather Kelly sat on the bench or if need be we have an under 17 Scotland capped goalie who could warm the bench if Bell was injured. I wasn't best pleased when we signed Robinson or resigned Simmo for that matter but it turned out that both were needed. Bad situations crop up, it's inevitable but should we always plan for the worst? Maybe having to throw a kid in under circumstances could be a good thing. After some of our defeats this season, I would have been happy to have the excuse of "ah but, due to injuries we were forced to play x,y or z. They tried but obviously too early for them just yet".

I don't think Robinson should get a new deal. It's been a very odd season in that we have had to use 3 goalkeepers but it is a bit of an anomoly. I'd rather Kelly sat on the bench or if need be we have an under 17 Scotland capped goalie who could warm the bench if Bell was injured. I wasn't best pleased when we signed Robinson or resigned Simmo for that matter but it turned out that both were needed. Bad situations crop up, it's inevitable but should we always plan for the worst? Maybe having to throw a kid in under circumstances could be a good thing. After some of our defeats this season, I would have been happy to have the excuse of "ah but, due to injuries we were forced to play x,y or z. They tried but obviously too early for them just yet".

Like it or not I'd say Robinson is our best keeper at the moment.Better than a fit-again Cammy Bell too IMO.

When you say to include youngsters like Liam Kelly have you seen him play? Is he good enough to sit on the bench? Too many of our supporters automatically seem to think every youngster on our books is a world beater just waiting for his chance

Like it or not I'd say Robinson is our best keeper at the moment.Better than a fit-again Cammy Bell too IMO.

When you say to include youngsters like Liam Kelly have you seen him play? Is he good enough to sit on the bench? Too many of our supporters automatically seem to think every youngster on our books is a world beater just waiting for his chance

I disagree that he is better than Bell. I'm not for a minute suggesting that our youngsters are world beaters, far from it. I'm saying that this year, with regards to the GK position it has been a strange one but under normal circumstances where your no.1 is fit and playing the majority of the season, why waste money on a seasoned back up that isn't very convincing anyway? If it's just for a handful of games, throwing in a keeper at 20/21 years of age shouldn't be a worry. If they aren't decent at that age they shouldn't be with us anyway.

He's about half as good as Bell at best.

Not the Cammy Bell I've seen. Doesn't command his box for starters. Mediocre keeper never worth the £8k p.w. Contract he got from McCoist.

BTW when will he play again? This is one helluva long injury is it not? Not another Andy Webster per chance?

I am good enough to sit on the bench. It is if I have to go on to the park the problems may begin.:)

Not the Cammy Bell I've seen. Doesn't command his box for starters. Mediocre keeper never worth the £8k p.w. Contract he got from McCoist.

BTW when will he play again? This is one helluva long injury is it not? Not another Andy Webster per chance?

Robinson won't stop shots bell will it'd that simple.

As for Kelly and youth games a shot in the bottom corner at 50mph by messi is no different to one by my mate Paterson down the park.