Dave King set to ‘do a Fergus McCann’ at Rangers

Workshy cowardice AND a load of others such as no preparation for games, no gameplan or tactics, dubious fitness levels, players played out of postion, getting tactically out thought by part time managers and so on.........

Bring Ally back ? Someone's havin' a laugh here

Do you think a new manager is going to change that in 6 weeks? i would prefer to give a new manager the feel good effect starting with a full season. I would prefer a clean sheet starting from next season and not players getting to make a complete change about in a few weeks. Just my view seemingly from a different world.

It's obvious what Pete was saying, how anyone can interpret what he posted as a call for Ally to return to the dug out is amazing!

Is it really???? Amazing!

I am going to get murdered for this but I think after the successful EGM and a more positive sense of being that even bringing back Ally until the end of the season would give the players a new surge of confidence. I don't think he would come back though as he knows most fans had turned on him. My first choice would still be Magath in a temporary role though.

We would, of course, need to add to the squad in the close season to go for the European place via the league. I don't dispute that.

Another season in the Championship would be disasterous financially for us. I'd rather we finished tenth in the top division than played another season in the Championship

The key thing is time....

WE need to take the time & do things properly - making rash or quick purchases of players will lead to inflated wages/contract terms for mediocre players.

The building blocks must be put in place in the right order:

- get the backroom/coaching staff in place

- get some sort of scouting on the go, looking for players that fit with the coaching staff's criteria

- build the team with players that are hungry to play & impress

- hit the top league with a much more robust structure & team, ready to take on anyone without fear.

Simply bringing in a string of new players is not the best way forward - look at the players McCoist brought in on short notice. On paper most were decent signing, but little though went into how to play them.

Do you think a new manager is going to change that in 6 weeks? i would prefer to give a new manager the feel good effect starting with a full season. I would prefer a clean sheet starting from next season and not players getting to make a complete change about in a few weeks. Just my view seemingly from a different world.

The SPL is a very, very poor level, never mind the second tier. We could definitely get someone in now until the end of the season who could get the team doing the basics and have them attempting to play football. Looking at staying in this division another year is just a pathetic, defeatist attitude that shouldn't be entertained for a second.

We have months to prepare for play-offs against poor opposition. It's not expecting much.

Is it really???? Amazing!

I never said I wanted him back what I was saying that I think with the new positive tone at the club Ally would be able to get more out of the players as well. if you had copied and pasted everything I typed then you would also have read that my first choice is Magath in a temporary role. Do I want a new manager in? The answer is no I don't before the end of the season. Would I prefer Ally to KENNY McDowall then the answer is yes I would. I just don't see what a new manager will change in a matter of a few weeks and would prefer the new manager to have a full pre-seasons preparation. if that puts me in another world then so be it. As I said in another post I never wanted Ally from the start but we are where we are and the future is miles long and not just waiting for a quick fix manager change. The whole system needs to be changed from top to bottom. Do we know what this Quick fix managers vision is for the future. Does Dave King and new board know what the technical way forward is. These things take time to work out and not just run about like a headless chicken appointing band aid plasters everywhere. If that is stupid, then yes, I am stupid.

I never said I wanted him back what I was saying that I think with the new positive tone at the club Ally would be able to get more out of the players as well. if you had copied and pasted everything I typed then you would also have read that my first choice is Magath in a temporary role. ........................................As I said in another post I never wanted Ally from the start but we are where we are and the future is miles long and not just waiting for a quick fix manager change. .................These things take time to work out and not just run about like a headless chicken appointing band aid plasters everywhere. If that is stupid, then yes, I am stupid.

My comment wasn't actually aimed at you. I don't think you are stupid at all. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. My comment was in response to Andy S saying how any of us can take from your post that you were suggesting Ally back in the dug out is quite "Amazing".

Well from the comment below I am agreeing it is amazing, because it is quite clear that although he wouldn't be your first, second, third choice etc, you clearly were referring to him being in the dugout. Why else state that "he probably wouldn't come back anyway" or "until the end of the season"?

I am going to get murdered for this but I think after the successful EGM and a more positive sense of being that even bringing back Ally until the end of the season would give the players a new surge of confidence. I don't think he would come back though as he knows most fans had turned on him. My first choice would still be Magath in a temporary role though.
Edited by Anchorman

I never said I wanted him back what I was saying that I think with the new positive tone at the club Ally would be able to get more out of the players as well. if you had copied and pasted everything I typed then you would also have read that my first choice is Magath in a temporary role. Do I want a new manager in? The answer is no I don't before the end of the season. Would I prefer Ally to KENNY McDowall then the answer is yes I would. I just don't see what a new manager will change in a matter of a few weeks and would prefer the new manager to have a full pre-seasons preparation. if that puts me in another world then so be it. As I said in another post I never wanted Ally from the start but we are where we are and the future is miles long and not just waiting for a quick fix manager change. The whole system needs to be changed from top to bottom. Do we know what this Quick fix managers vision is for the future. Does Dave King and new board know what the technical way forward is. These things take time to work out and not just run about like a headless chicken appointing band aid plasters everywhere. If that is stupid, then yes, I am stupid.

Lets just move on from discussing McCoist and the destruction he has caused. It's safe to say he will never work in management again, unless it's for a pub team.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

My comment wasn't actually aimed at you. I don't think you are stupid at all. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. My comment was in response to Andy S saying how any of us can take from your post that you were suggesting Ally back in the dug out is quite "Amazing".

Well from the comment below I am agreeing it is amazing, because it is quite clear that although he wouldn't be your first, second, third choice etc, you clearly were referring to him being in the dugout. Why else state that "he probably wouldn't come back anyway" or "until the end of the season"?

I would prefer Ally returning for the last few games than taking on a quick fix manager. We are now at a stage where our whole technical system has to audited. We then have to look at other clubs and see what they are doing with their youth and technical side of their club. This is not about getting a manager that can beat Hibs over 2 games this is about getting someone in who can help organise and change a whole new technical approach. We had the chance to do it and failed when we went down to the 4th division. In my opinion it would now be a total shame to make the same mistake twice and rush in a quick fix manager.

I do agree that Ally was part of the problem that we did not do more for youth development when we went down but I have no idea what he was or was not allowed to do. I think it would lift the players if Ally did come back for a few games and as I said I prefer him to McDowell as he obviously doesn't want the job.

If McColl, Butcher or Jimmy Calderwood want to do it for a few games then fine with me but I would think that they would be offended to be asked for so few games as it could affect their career if it went tits up.

I still think we can beat all the teams in the play-off spots over 2 games so I have not given up hope yet. What a difference a day makes as they say. I think if we get a bit of confidence then we can beat all the teams involved.

I haven't given up hope..... but one of those teams is Hibs. How many times have we beaten, or drawn, with them this season ? :rolleyes: