I think there has been some chat about that but you'd imagine the existing contract will be written in such a way to plug such an outcome.

They can't stop the Lionbrand shirts for example so if all fans bought 'that' strip and then that cash was used to buy shares then ...................

You would expect that RIFC/RFC will have granted the marketing rights to the joint venture company, and that any attempt to give them to anyone else or even handle them ourselves will be breach of contract.

I think there has been some chat about that but you'd imagine the existing contract will be written in such a way to plug such an outcome.

The team would probably need to play in a shirt and SD sell it. But the obvious thing would be to do the absolute minimum promotion contractually stipulated and informally encourage fans to buy Lion Brand shirts or some such. Contractually obliged to provide players for a photoshoot to 'promote' the official shirts? Send a 12 year old and the fourth choice goalkeeper, papers 'accidentally' carry a photo of our new captain (Lionel Messi, naturally), off duty, wearing the unofficial shirt, etc, etc.

You would expect that RIFC/RFC will have granted the marketing rights to the joint venture company, and that any attempt to give them to anyone else or even handle them ourselves will be breach of contract.

Cheers for that info. As I said I really don't have a clue. I really hope King and his team come out and actually tell us exactly what these contracts are.

I can't see Sarver wanting to be part of King's vehicle just as King wouldn't have wanted to be part of Sarver's.

Agreed, but still disappointing.

We need not only much investment (which is less painful when spread around) but we could also be doing with the insight of someone who already has an established sports brand/image/franchise such as Sarver has. I suspect that Sarver could offer much in the way of advice despite him being involved in US sports rather than European. He could bring fresh ideas and ways of expanding the brand of the Club (sadly, at this point, merchandising goes to Ashley, not us). I would still like us to have the conversation with Sarver.

Sarver and King working in tandem would give me further confidence, although there is no guarantee with anything.

But for various reasons I believe you are right. Both of them will have their own ideas on how to return us to former glories - whilst that doesn't mean they couldn't work together it does make it less likely.

As someone who has no business experience at all could King & Co not just set up a new company to handle our retail operation rather than RRL and SD?

Unlikely. The contract with SD will almost certainly include an exclusivity clause, meaning only SD can distribute official club merchandise.

The team would probably need to play in a shirt and SD sell it. But the obvious thing would be to do the absolute minimum promotion contractually stipulated and informally encourage fans to buy Lion Brand shirts or some such. Contractually obliged to provide players for a photoshoot to 'promote' the official shirts? Send a 12 year old and the fourth choice goalkeeper, papers 'accidentally' carry a photo of our new captain (Lionel Messi, naturally), off duty, wearing the unofficial shirt, etc, etc.

But at this point the Club has to "make whole" any sales below expected do they not ? so SD are guaranteed a certain revenue value. This means that any unofficial merchandise would have to be sold above the price of official gear just to break even.

One thing for sure.... these "Custodians" have left our Club in carnage.

Cheers for that info. As I said I really don't have a clue. I really hope King and his team come out and actually tell us exactly what these contracts are.

They may not be able to. They may be bound by confidentiality clauses. In the event there are no confidentiality clauses I would fully expect King to publicise the onerous contracts for all to see just how much carnage has been created by Green, Somers, Easdale's, Ashley & co.

If he does it would almost certainly result in fans spending their hard earned on the Club again knowing that a) the Club has been raped b) the Club has been cheated and c) that the Club needs us financially now more than ever.

We could very well be doing with not just a share issue vehicle but also a revenue generation vehicle. RF and BR are doing a grand job on the share purchase vehicle but we have lost so many revenue streams that they need replaced and it could be very difficult to do so - the fans may just have to start a "Rangers recovery donation fund" - but with like-minded Bears running the Club I would have absolutely no hesitation in assisting to fund that. We could be doing with a museum, repairs & maintenance on Ibrox (Murray Park too in all fairness), investment in the infrastructure, scouting network, player purchases..... and with the lack of revenue streams they will be difficult to achieve in the short term without major investment - so the fans could/should stand shoulder-to-shoulder with KingCo and invest in OUR Club too - donate to fund one project at a time, once it is completed rinse and repeat !

But at this point the Club has to "make whole" any sales below expected do they not ? so SD are guaranteed a certain revenue value. This means that any unofficial merchandise would have to be sold above the price of official gear just to break even.

One thing for sure.... these "Custodians" have left our Club in carnage.

Is that in perpetuity? I thought buying back unsold stock was a one-off? Custodians? Crooks. I don't we'll ever fully get to the bottom of it but I sincerely hope somebody's got an incriminating email somewhere that allows to get them done for breach of fiduciary duty.

They may not be able to. They may be bound by confidentiality clauses. In the event there are no confidentiality clauses I would fully expect King to publicise the onerous contracts for all to see just how much carnage has been created by Green, Somers, Easdale's, Ashley & co.

If he does it would almost certainly result in fans spending their hard earned on the Club again knowing that a) the Club has been raped b) the Club has been cheated and c) that the Club needs us financially now more than ever.

We could very well be doing with not just a share issue vehicle but also a revenue generation vehicle. RF and BR are doing a grand job on the share purchase vehicle but we have lost so many revenue streams that they need replaced and it could be very difficult to do so - the fans may just have to start a "Rangers recovery donation fund" - but with like-minded Bears running the Club I would have absolutely no hesitation in assisting to fund that. We could be doing with a museum, repairs & maintenance on Ibrox (Murray Park too in all fairness), investment in the infrastructure, scouting network, player purchases..... and with the lack of revenue streams they will be difficult to achieve in the short term without major investment - so the fans could/should stand shoulder-to-shoulder with KingCo and invest in OUR Club too - donate to fund one project at a time, once it is completed rinse and repeat !

Merge all the supporters groups into one large supporters club linked to the club. let the supporters group make strips and clothing not totally identical to the proper strips\clothing but near enough to be recognisable but not illegal. The supporters may even design clothes they want to wear. The clothing line would not be attached to the club but the club could be given a supporters gift every so often from the profits. I am no legal wonder to know all the legal frailties but I am sure such a structure would be legally possible.