Kenny McDowall - No quick fix

beter to ask what makes a weekly wage. ability skill of course it does.

you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

as for only needing to outspend them to win of course not.

but beating them with a quarter of their wage bill will be incredibly hard and will happen 1 year in 20,

That is nonsense. Celtic spend peanuts on Larsson (700k at a time we were spending millions on players) - did he end up being a dud ? If you have the right scouting network and someone with an eye for a player then you can spend peanuts and get diamonds.

The issue for us is that we have no scouting network, not that spending peanuts gets you monkeys. Our other issue is that we are spending fortunes and still getting monkeys. 10k a week on Ian Black. Fck me, I'm 41 and I reckon I could still out-perform him on the pitch. My sideways passing is better than his and I also get the ball moving quicker too. I'm giving McDowall a call, I'm back home next week and available for two games, I come free of charge too :D

Our first team at the start of this season with the right, coaching, training and motivation should have been more than capable of matching Celtic

Look at Aberdeen we're probably spending a helluva lot more than them but they still have kept pace with Celtic

The recent OF LC semi told us more about them than they learned about us. We realistically were neve going to win it with the team we've got just now.

But how far have they fallen ? Can you imagine their current side against ours from three years ago with the likes of Jelavic, Naismith, Aluko etc ? They'd have destroyed that yahoos side we played at the end of january.

And had Robinson or Bell been in goal that day who knows?

I don't the gap between us & them is quite as insurmountable as McDowell suggests. Get the right manager in with the right experience, right contacts within the game, good tactical knowledge etc and I think we'll be back where we belong in no time at all. All we need now is promotion......

Edited by RANGERRAB

The recent OF LC semi told us more about them than they learned about us. We realistically were neve going to win it with the team we've got just now.

But how far have they fallen ? Can you imagine their current side against ours from three years ago with the likes of Jelavic, Naismith, Aluko etc ? They'd have destroyed that yahoos side we played at the end of january.

And had Robinson or Bell been in goal that day who knows?

I don't the gap between us & them is quite as insurmountable as McDowell suggests. Get the right manager in with the right experience, right contacts within the game, good tactical knowledge etc and I think we'll be back where we belong in no time at all. All we need now is promotion......

I think you are forgetting Rab that the current batch of players simply aren't good enough. We need a bunch of new players in too. It will take time but I don't prescribe to the 10 years that GS believes.

I think you are forgetting Rab that the current batch of players simply aren't good enough. We need a bunch of new players in too. It will take time but I don't prescribe to the 10 years that GS believes.

I know they're not good enough craig but as I say get the right manager in & things can change pretty quickly.He'll need to have contacts in the game to get better players for starters and may need to get more used to having loan signings in our squad from the likes of EPL clubs.

My main point though was doesn't anyone think the yahoos have regressed since we exired the top division? I certainly do and that game proved it. It would make a nonsense of McDowell's five year stuff if we got our act together

That is nonsense. Celtic spend peanuts on Larsson (700k at a time we were spending millions on players) - did he end up being a dud ? If you have the right scouting network and someone with an eye for a player then you can spend peanuts and get diamonds.

The issue for us is that we have no scouting network, not that spending peanuts gets you monkeys. Our other issue is that we are spending fortunes and still getting monkeys. 10k a week on Ian Black. Fck me, I'm 41 and I reckon I could still out-perform him on the pitch. My sideways passing is better than his and I also get the ball moving quicker too. I'm giving McDowall a call, I'm back home next week and available for two games, I come free of charge too :D

Larson was on a fortune in wages.

I know they're not good enough craig but as I say get the right manager in & things can change pretty quickly.He'll need to have contacts in the game to get better players for starters and may need to get more used to having loan signings in our squad from the likes of EPL clubs.

My main point though was doesn't anyone think the yahoos have regressed since we exired the top division? I certainly do and that game proved it. It would make a nonsense of McDowell's five year stuff if we got our act together

I don't think Celtic are that good a team. They are benefitting from Scottish football in general having no money and cutting back - whilst they have sold players for multi-millions in the last couple of years.

The potential problem though is that we are looking at where they are NOW. It is hard to believe that when we get back to the top league that they wont spend money to try to stay ahead of us. They have down-sized since we departed the SPL whilst we haven't. Whether we like it or not, their strategy has been far smarter.

I only suggest ten years with no external investments.