Today's Glasgow Airport Action: New comments from Llambias and King

he spoke very well. disappointed he doesnt believe in a dof, should be high priority. All in things look brighter though so no major worries

If all goes well tomorrow and with fan interaction with the board going to seemingly be at an all time high, its subjects such as this that will be good to get across. Not that he has to change his mind on his belief in a DoF being effective or not, but it'll be nice to have a board that takes fans persepctives into account when making decisions.

Might be getting ahead of myself here. Champagne, back on the ice you go. :D

As long as the fan ownership model is open and transparent and does not descend into factional in-fighting.

A strong club constitution would be needed along with an independent professonally appointed board accountable to supporters or supporter board/scrutiny. I am far from convinced that actual fans, under this model,on a professional board would be a good idea ....blazer chasing could cause a lot of problems. However, should a fan be independently professionally appointed that would be acceptable.

The People will own our club end of !

we'll appoint people who know how to run a club....it's a no brainer

we've got guys who know how capitalism works

all of them have subscribed to fan ownership

D-Day for Rangers, or is it?

Dave King will have to wait until at least April before the Scottish Football Association can grant him approval to install himself as Rangers chairman

By Roddy Forsyth

10:44PM GMT 05 Mar 2015

How do you know if you are an old-fashioned football fan? Easy – you remember when AiM was what a striker did before scoring. Nomads were supporters whose club were borrowing somebody else’s stadium. And suspension of trading meant that a team could not sign players.

Now, though, anyone attempting to follow the interminable saga of Rangers has to be versed in the Alternative Investment Market, which bills itself as the market for “smaller growing companies”. Certainly, Rangers fit that bill – a smaller growing company by the day.

As for Stock Exchange Nominated Advisers – without which no company can have its shares traded – you might think that their word on such matters was gospel. Not so, in the case of W H Ireland, who abruptly announced their resignation as Rangers’ Nomads on the run-up to today’s extraordinary general meeting.

Trouble is, W H Ireland might not have resigned. Just because they say they have, does not mean they actually did – not if we judge by the standard of recent announcements to the Stock Exchange, such as the “clarification” that James Easdale had actually been paid as a director, when it had been stated previously that he had not taken a penny for his boardroom duties.

And there was the record, again posted in a Stock Exchange announcement, of Derek Llambias and his achievements as managing director of Newcastle United, followed by more “clarifications”. WHI said that he joined Newcastle in 2007 – when, in fact, he pitched up in 2008 – and admitted that turnover after his first year at St James’ Park was £85 million, not £123 million as they had stated.

Finally, given the fact that mention of Rangers is guaranteed to start an argument in an empty room, W H Ireland’s most extraordinary achievement is that they failed to achieve even that.

According to the company’s CEO, Richard Killingbeck, part of the EGM process would involve meetings would be held at the Millennium Gloucester and Grange Tower Bridge hotels in London on Wednesday morning.

In an email to Mark Dingwall, editor of the Rangers fanzine, Follow, Follow, Killingbeck wrote: “I can confirm that both meetings will take place but they will be opened and then closed.”

The picture above is the scene at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel at the time scheduled for the “meeting”.

Well, Dave King will have to wait until at least April before the Scottish Football Association can grant him approval to install himself as Rangers chairman.

Assuming the former Ibrox director prevails in today’s EGM, the first move will be for the incoming Nomad to undertake due diligence of Rangers as a business and of the proposed board as fit and proper people according to the criteria of the AiM Market.

We do not know the identity of the new Nomad and are not likely to do so for several days. Llambias raised the issue again – plus the demand that King reveal his business plan – as he was huckled by minders to a car at Glasgow Airport on his return from Wednesday’s meeting with

W H Ireland. The Ibrox CEO shouted to reporters: “Where’s your money, Mr King? Who is your Nomad – why is it such a secret?”

The retort from the King camp is that they are shielding the incoming Nomad from pressure from Llambias and Barry Leach and, ultimately, from Mike Ashley, until they have established the state of the business.

And, until that is verified then, frankly, nobody can be sure what comes next.

Except for one certainty. Ashley has uttered not a cheep publicly about his intentions but – like the legendary fat lady – there will be no operatic finale at Ibrox until the Newcastle United owner joins the chorus.

Most of the eulogies to Dave Mackay were accompanied by the photograph of his legendary confrontation with Billy Bremner (right). Mackay, of course, was enraged at his fellow Scot because Bremner had just kicked him on the leg which had only recently healed after a bad break. And the photograph shows Bremner pleading for mercy. Doesn’t it?

Well, not according to him. Over dinner with the former Leeds and Scotland midfielder – who died in 1997 – I asked him what his part had been. Bremner replied: “I was saying, ‘Go on, Dave, hit me! F---ing hit me!’ – because I knew he would have been sent off.”

I suggested that if Mackay had done as much, Bremner would have been rushed to an intensive care unit. After a pause he said: “But you don’t think about that at the time, do you?”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11453558/D-Day-for-Rangers-or-is-it.html

Edited by ian1964