EGM Result: King resolutions pass with 85% of vote

On the face of it, L&L may have been good for the club so I can see why some bears were prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However their actions since should have totally eroded that so if anyone still thinks their appointment (or indeed retention) was for the good of the club then they are deluded.

Still standing up for Ashley despite our retail deal which has seen us earn 500k in near 3 years according to lambias.

Does he? One can hardly be objective in what has happened to us these last 12 months, but keeping to facts as BH does here (sic!) is not exactly standing up for Ashley or Llambias. I for one assume that BH does not like what those two did to our club any more than you do.

As for being deluded ... at the time Ashley was the only source of money and essentially the only life support the board was willing to accept. A heinous and corrupt source, but still a source. That it was not "good" at any time is beyond debate. But having a board without any source of financial backing whatsoever was the worse option for the club. ... I very well know that they could have accepted King's or other people's money, but as the saying goes, turkeys don't vote for Christmas and these turkeys were ruling and running the club.

Edited by der Berliner

On the face of it, L&L may have been good for the club so I can see why some bears were prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However their actions since should have totally eroded that so if anyone still thinks their appointment (or indeed retention) was for the good of the club then they are deluded.

Just because we disagree doesn't make me deluded.

The Board who were in charge of the Club at the time determined that the finance offer from Ashley was the best available at the time and set out the details to the RFB. If any director failed in their duty to the Club then I have no doubt that KingCo will hold them to account. But I would not rely on anything King says in that regard unless it could be independently established as a fact.

I have already said twice that Leach's position was untenable after his comments about T3B.

When and what particular action(s) of Llambias rendered him unfit for his executive position?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Does he? One can hardly be objective in what has happened to us these last 12 months, but keeping to facts as BH does here (sic!) is not exactly standing up for Ashley or Llambias. I for one assume that BH does not like what those two did to our club any more than you do.

As for being deluded ... at the time Ashley was the only source of money and essentially the only life support the board was willing to accept. A heinous and corrupt source, but still a source. That it was not "good" at any time is beyond debate. But having a board without any source of financial backing whatsoever was the worse option for the club. ... I very well know that they could have accepted King's or other people's money, but as the saying goes, turkeys don't vote for Christmas and these turkeys were ruling and running the club.

You are correct, on the face of it the retail deals that Ashley has done with Rangers are hardly in Rangers' best interests but then there is no doubt that he was using Rangers to further his own business interests.

Llambias is brusque that is for sure but he is or appears to be well versed in the corporate world and had achieved some cost cutting which his predecessor had not. He maintained his independence from Sports Direct but clearly that is open to considerable doubt and it is up to KingCo to prove otherwise.

Just because we disagree doesn't make me deluded.

The Board who were in charge of the Club at the time determined that the finance offer from Ashley was the best available at the time and set out the details to the RFB. If any director failed in their duty to the Club then I have no doubt that KingCo will hold them to account. But I would not rely on anything King says in that regard unless it could be independently established as a fact.

I have already said twice that Leach's position was untenable after his comments about T3B.

When and what particular action(s) of Llambias rendered him unfit for his executive position?

Just because you say you are not deluded doesn't mean you are not deluded.:D

You are correct, on the face of it the retail deals that Ashley has done with Rangers are hardly in Rangers' best interests but then there is no doubt that he was using Rangers to further his own business interests.

Llambias is brusque that is for sure but he is or appears to be well versed in the corporate world and had achieved some cost cutting which his predecessor had not. He maintained his independence from Sports Direct but clearly that is open to considerable doubt and it is up to KingCo to prove otherwise.

How much cost cutting has he achieved?