EGM Result: King resolutions pass with 85% of vote

Whether he cut costs will be never known. Yes, he got rid of people but that's not the same thing. How much were Ashley's companies going to charge for performing the services for us?

I don't recall anything that was done that suggested any sort of independence from Ashley. Llambias's actions, from the £5m loan deal to the instructions that we had to play Newcastle players showed that he was in Ashley's pockets. I'm not sure why it is up to King to prove otherwise when Llambias's own actions prove it. It is up to anyone else to prove otherwise.

Staff cuts are a classic way of saving money, whether the cuts that were made were appropriate at the time is another matter.

You know better than most that it will be up to whoever challenges previous director's decisions to prove that they did not act in the best interests of the company or that they had a conflict of interests.

Question is, how many jobs could we have paid for with the money for the EGM and L&L pay-off demands? What's that £340k? Say 20 part-time jobs for a year?

I agree that it was extremely odd that they decided to proceed with the EGM (and as I read somewhere also the two in London on the 4th) but I can only assume that they had advice that the EGM had to take place as constituted even if the result was already known.

Again, King said he would hold them personally responsible for the costs and it will be up to him to prove that they were ill-advised.

Staff cuts are a classic way of saving money, whether the cuts that were made were appropriate at the time is another matter.

You know better than most that it will be up to whoever challenges previous director's decisions to prove that they did not act in the best interests of the company or that they had a conflict of interests.

Did the cuts save money though. The only person I know who was made redundant was rehired with a pay rise.

Cutting costs is fine and should actually be welcomed alongside any reasonable efficiency savings. I hope Kingco do the same - in fact they must.

However, cutting profit at the same time and removing our share of it out the back door via a bizarre agreement with 'Rangers' Retail is less agreeable and it's actions like that along with the refusal to resign while treating fans like mugs that make them less than befitting of an executive position at the club.

There is literally no way that lambias and co haven't increased our deficit. It's also hard to.believe they reduced costs when even hiring them required the unnecessary pay offs of their predecessors costing hundreds of thousands.

That's a fair point but equally you weren't the biggest fan of their predecessors now were you?