Only 3 wins from 10 games under McDowall

Some were saying yesterday that getting a new manager in urgently doesn't matter but clearly it does.

I didn't think it was an absolute priority myself, but this shouldn't be allowed to continue any longer because Kenny McDowall clearly doesn't have the managerial or motivational skills to turn the string of poor results around and give us a chance of promotion.

I wouldn't think it would take an exorbitant contract to persuade him to take over as he's out of work at present.

He isn't out of work at all, he's one of Strachan's national team assistants.

He isn't out of work at all, he's one of Strachan's national team assistants.

Which is more or less just a part time role is it not? McCall would jump at the chance to become Rangers manager even on an interim basis.As I said earlier the status quo simply is not an option any longer

Edited by RANGERRAB

Its their first mistake, they should have had someone ready to takeover immediately.

They too see what we see and that is team that is floundering. A team that couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. I think they (the new board) have probably resigned themselves to us staying in the Championship next season.

I really do not know who could/would come at this late stage. How could anyone improve the feeble and inept bunch of "players" that currently constitute our team? I fear there just is not enough time for any manger/coach to make a difference this season.

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil

They too see what we see and that is team that is floundering. A team that couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. I think they (the new board) have probably resigned themselves to us staying in the Championship next season. Hence the lack of urgency.

I really do not know who could/would come at this late stage. How could anyone improve the feeble and inept bunch of "players" that currently constitute our team? I fear there just is not enough time for any manger/coach to make a difference this season.

I am not so sure. But they have been in place for a day now so maybe you are correct.

I am not so sure. But they have been in place for a day now so maybe you are correct.

Ok, I get your sarcasm. Well done you. Post was badly worded by me again, fair enough.

In post GM interviews King and co gave no indication at all that they were about to install a new manager. In fact King emphasised the need for a coach rather than a manager. Someone who would develop players at all levels not just "manage". A longer term project I would guess.

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil

There was talk of the new board possibly having 'their man' for the job pre-egm. I would never blame them for that not being the case considering the circumstances.

The situation regarding the current manager will now be more obvious as they sift through all that is wrong inside the club, and as a matter of urgency we need to bring someone else in.

I suspect our new board are not looking at that as being a priority and would prefer to take us forward next season from this league rather than from the top league. A bit cowardly if that was indeed their thinking.

To clarify my above post...what I'm saying is, if we get battered next year in the top league in the first quarter of games (which could happen) then the fans would leave in droves and turmoil would prevail, then again we could surge to the top like Hamilton Accies did this season after going up.

There is a risk going up this season, and I fear the board would prefer not to take that risk. Just a bears opinion.

To clarify my above post...what I'm saying is, if we get battered next year in the top league in the first quarter of games (which could happen) then the fans would leave in droves and turmoil would prevail, then again we could surge to the top like Hamilton Accies did this season after going up.

There is a risk going up this season, and I fear the board would prefer not to take that risk. Just a bears opinion.

This would be a terrible attitude for the new board. Football is all about achieving as much as you can, not resigning yourself to being second rate. We are only trying to gain promotion to the SPFL not La Liga. It is well within reach of this Rangers team if someone can motivate them or even the players themselves can wake up.