Only 3 wins from 10 games under McDowall

Factoring in that we may be in either league next season was always going to be the best course of action, but we're sinking without trace now. People say we'll get humped by Hibs in the playoff... but we're in danger of not even being in the playoffs to get humped!

QotS and Falkirk, I consider, are now breathing down our necks.

Falkirk are six points behind us and we have two games in hand.

If we continue playing as we have under McDowall Falkirk will need to improve before catching us. So I now expect to make the playoffs.

There is also the possibility that we could get worse . . .

Edited by ranger_syntax

i can't see the board forking out more cash for a coach when we have folk sitting on their arse collecting a pay packet, or players on the park stealing a wage while doing very little.

if kenny is still in charge by the end of next week then you can kiss good bye to any hope of league promotion through playoffs.

Ok, I get your sarcasm. Well done you. Post was badly worded by me again, fair enough.

In post GM interviews King and co gave no indication at all that they were about to install a new manager. In fact King emphasised the need for a coach rather than a manager. Someone who would develop players at all levels not just "manage". A longer term project I would guess.

I think that is why they brought in Douglas Park so they can have a pick of coaches.:facepalm:

Its their first mistake, they should have had someone ready to takeover immediately.

The counter argument to that is that the new board obviously know McDowall isn't the man and need to negotiate his leave, however that wouldn't have been possible within the 24 hours of the EGM plus a match that had to be prepared for.

The counter argument to that is that the new board obviously know McDowall isn't the man and need to negotiate his leave, however that wouldn't have been possible within the 24 hours of the EGM plus a match that had to be prepared for.

Thiss is clear to most,but not to some!

This is not rocket science. The situation we find ourselves in is having someone as caretaker manager who doesn't want the job & needs to be replaced at the earliest opportunity as I'd suggest as he looks hopelessly out of his depth in the role

Reading the comments from King & Murray they may not have decided who they want as next manager which is perfectly OK.Perhaps their preferred candidate might not be available yet who knows.

But in the meantime why not get Stuart McCall to take charge of the team between now & the end of the season at least?He has got plenty of coaching & managerial experience which is ideal given our current predicament.I wouldn't think it would take an exorbitant contract to persuade him to take over as he's out of work at present. And if he does well we can extend his contract as we go on.

If we aren't promoted then it would hardly be all attributable to McCall as the damage was more or less done prior to his arrival.

For me it would be a win-win situation for both Rangers & McCall. The status quo is simply not an option.

Your first sentence let you down. Tell me Rab - in your words please, how you would persuade Mr McCall to accept a contract for 2 months? Don't forget this isn't asking someone in the boozers to take the amateurs on a Saturday for a few weeks.

A contract of employment has to be signed. What will that contract say? "Do well for 2 months and we might consider giving you some kind of job". "Do badly with this shower of duds within 2 months and you are out - also considered a dud". "Remember Stu - both of these should be appealing to you. You are a Rangers Man after all."

It is not rocket science. It is human nature. Nobody wants to be treated like a patsy.