Kenny wants Ally back

Long-term it's a complete non-starter. Short-term, we're paying him anyway and it's a step up from McDowell. If the new broom has to wait until the summer then so be it. The season's pretty much a write-off anyway: true to form, they couldn't even rouse themselves for a proper performance on Sunday.

Notice that Cagliari look like replacing Zola with Zeman anytime now. Zola had previously replaced Zeman.

can u tell me how the play offs work

1) 3rd plays 4th in the championship over 2 legs (home & away)

2) winner of 1) plays 2nd in championship over 2 legs(home & away)

3) winner of 2) plays 11th in premiership over 2 legs (home & away) and winners plays in premiership next season.

Loser plays in championship

He was referring to two losses where only one existed so I'm not sure what season he was talking about. In any case, I think it's fair to point out any relevant facts that fit. What you do with them is open to interpretation. Censorship of facts you don't like is just twisting things to suit your own view.

Our results v Hibs a few years ago are not remotely relevant though, are they? Both teams have completely changed as has their manager.

See what? Not many see anything your way - you disagree acrimoniously with most people on here. You got it wrong - you said he was the worst manager ever - he leaves and our results go from 81.5% win rate to 33%. That's a massive difference. You also agreed with someone that the board and off-field stuff made no difference, so you can't even blame that.

What an inane argument. If you want to be pedantic about it, KMD wasn't a manager at the time. He was an Assistant Manager. The board and off-field stuff made no difference? Where did I say that? The board are the reason we're in this mess.

Doing much worse than "the worst ever" should be very surprising... You're just flip-flopping to delude yourself you're always right. Does it not seems a huge coincidence that we consecutively had the TWO worse managers of all time, with the second being far, far worse than the first one?

You seem to have a problem with taking everything literally.

No idea what that's about. But I've already shown that under McCoist, the team had the best win rate in the league which has put us in with a shout of the play-offs. If it wasn't for the downturn after McCoist left and the same level of form continued, I think it's obvious we'd still be in with a shout for the title, albeit having to beat Hearts twice.

You said Ally could have half a new team, I presumed you meant the Newcastle loan players. As for the rest, that's just complete and utter nonsense. We were 12 points behind when we played out first match under KMD and the league was over.

This doesn't mean Ally's a great manager or they are great players, but how do you explain the the win rate when we had the worst management duo in the world, the worst coach, the worst youth coach and a completely shit team? Not to mention the worst board, a boycotting support and crisis after crisis?

That is some run of immense good luck on the park to overcome that lot. Your opinions just don't add up.

What about the three times we failed to defeat Alloa or the countless other embarrassments? Given how much resources we had compared to the opposition, it stands to reason we should win most games.

The fact of the matter is I've spent the last couple of years rightly slating him while you have been praising him. Just admit you got it all wrong, then maybe you can move on?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Long-term it's a complete non-starter. Short-term, we're paying him anyway and it's a step up from McDowell. If the new broom has to wait until the summer then so be it. The season's pretty much a write-off anyway: true to form, they couldn't even rouse themselves for a proper performance on Sunday.

Notice that Cagliari look like replacing Zola with Zeman anytime now. Zola had previously replaced Zeman.

The only thing to do, with both McCoist and McDowall, is to agree a payoff. Judging by recent comments the players find it difficult to take things seriously as it is. Imagine what it would be like if McCoist returned.

I would tolerate McDowall for another three/four weeks if the board use that time to find a proper manager.

It would be a massive step in the wrong direction if Ally and/or Walter were to return & .I don't think they will.

However I think the new board will need to demonstrate to our support sooner rather than later what they intend to do about the Rangers manager position.

Some of our support seem surprised that having waiting so long to get into the boardroom they didnt have an immediate replacement the minute they came in.Whilst I can understand that point of view I think we have to give them the next couple of weeks at least to advise us their intention.

Edited by RANGERRAB