Kenny wants Ally back

That is why your scenario is a bad idea for a manager.Would you risk your whole reputation for a dysfunctional team for 6 weeks. Even if you turn things around you will have no guarantee of a job as Rangers have a different system coming in next season.

What is McCall's reputation? Getting sacked in the 4th tier in England and leaving Motherwell after 5 straight defeats and second bottom in the league? I'm sure he would jump at the chance because he's not going to get much better aside from another mediocre SPL team if he's lucky.

To put it bluntly ANY appointment, ANY, whether it be Walter/McInnes/McCall/Cathro/Magath/Davies will be a gamble, and that's if it's temporary till end of the season or beyond ...

However ....

Doing nothing is accepting another season in the Championship.

If he got us promotion he'd still be here next season and who knows how long from there. Just like the last time he came in as a temporary measure.

Seriously though, I don't remember his previous spell ever being described as a 'temporary measure'. Can you point it out for us?

What is McCall's reputation? Getting sacked in the 4th tier in England and leaving Motherwell after 5 straight defeats and second bottom in the league? I'm sure he would jump at the chance because he's not going to get much better aside from another mediocre SPL team if he's lucky.

Way to focus on the negative of his career.