John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

Trust me, the recommendations for Gordon were very strong. Very strong. Takes a humble man to turn down such an offer. Takes a very envious bitter little man to post your tripe.

Stick to guessing and going out of your way to cause hassle. The rest of us will move on enjoying what will be a prosperous future.

By the way, I'm happy....we've got out Rangers back......:D

So you're saying that Chris Graham was second choice to Gordon Dinnie?

Personally absolutely delighted that John Bennett has been appointed to the Board of Rangers.

Not fussed either way re Chris Graham.

Brahim if I were a former client of yours I'd be disconcerted to think that your concern for the welfare of their investments ceased when the commissions dried up.

For those of you not around at the time here's some links to the original John Bennett threads when we were in our darkest hours and need of serious investment......

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

Personally absolutely delighted that John Bennett has been appointed to the Board of Rangers.

Not fussed either way re Chris Graham.

Brahim if I were a former client of yours I'd be disconcerted to think that your concern for the welfare of their investments ceased when the commissions dried up.

For those of you not around at the time here's some links to the original John Bennett threads when we were in our darkest hours and need of serious investment......

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

Shall I get popcorn?

On the contrary he is a highly experienced investment professional but without wishing to rake up the old controversy at the time I was rightly concerned at the impact on my clients with investments in his funds as he suggested it would be a full time job for the amount he wanted to invest.

Since I am no longer an IFA I can look at it purely from a Rangers perspective; and from that angle it's a good thing.

I predicted elsewhere that Chris Graham would be appointed to the Board. It is right that the RST are represented in light of their efforts but I fail to see what he brings to the table other than his sterling work on behalf of Mr King.

I had a number of dealings with Mr Blair in the formative stages of RF and was not overly impressed; but here again it is right that they are represented.

As someone who has had dealings with James Blair in Rangers First, I have been nothing but impressed with the man. I think he's an ideal candidate for the position and I can only give the most glowing of recommendations.

I think Chris is the best candidate from The RST, although I think Ross McAdam has a big future, from those who I have had interactions with.

I also believe John Bennett is a great addition. I have been in the company of all three on more than one occasion and I have always thought they had the welfare of our club at the forefront of their thoughts so I'm happy enough the way the board is shaping up.

Edited by WATP_Greg

I'm also a RST member and was not asked or received an email. We don't know the circumstances, things may have happened very quickly, CG may have been hand picked by DK or the Rangers board. Time will tell, but at least we have what we all wanted (RST members) we have fans on the Rangers board. We will have a say at RST AGM if we are not happy with his performance. Let's not get caught up in personalities & semantics at this juncture, leave that to those on here who supported the likes of Llambias etc. to the end.

Out of interest how was Chris selected for the board of the RST?

I can assure you as I've already said on here that I am more than looking forward to the good times ahead, though I fear they might be some way off.

Deflect rather than answer the question, very good.

You and many others on here accuse most members of the last Board of being liars yet Mr King is a proven liar in a court of law and that is apparently OK because he's a Rangers fan from Castlemilk?

I think most people care when they are lied to not others. I hear lambias lied to his wife about her weight once. I hope that doesn't put you off him as your ideal candidate.