Attendance last night

After all the talk of a sell out, with even the new chairman in waiting declaring he would be "very very surprised if it's not a sell out" I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the turn out

Sure it was midweek, shite weather, champions league on the telly, meaningless game of shite standard football. .. But it was also the first home game of a new ****less era

I say I was disappointed with the attendance, but at the same time I have to admit to being very tempted to spend the 2nd half standing in the Louden watching Ronaldo

I'd say the only way the new regime can hope for anything near full houses for the remainder of this season, and the whole of next if we remain in the championship is to bring in a good manager, someone who plays attractive attacking football, who will clear out the jigs, the moshnis, the blacks and bring in young hungry players

Apart from the goal last night the only time the fans even had a ripple of excitement was when young Walsh was on the ball, give us guys like him all day long instead of old slow hasbeens like jig or Daly

Its a tough one for the new board, they can't afford to get the new managerial appointment wrong, but they can't afford to wait too long either if they want the crowds to keep filling the stadium

Edited by ElTel

In reality, it may do the board well to realise, them arriving is not enough to fill ibrox. What happens on the park DOES matter. Attendances fall when there is utter garbage on the pitch. Rangers fans have been so loyal, that commitment is not forthcoming from a lot of the current squad.

I would have taken a defeat last night if it was the ultimate decider in Kenny's departure ................. I just hope he isn't there come Saturday.

I fully believe the board are actively working on a solution however I believe a defeat last night would have given them no choice. We must act.

I'd rather lose out on promotion having a gamble than stuttering the way we are .........

The standard of the football is definitely something the new board will have to address.

It's unacceptable and crowds will quickly dwindle once again based on last night's performance.

I have to say I was happy with the turn out when you consider that the board only arrived on Friday and many fans from afar would not be able to make travel arrangements at such late notice.

I'd also make the point that I reckon the 35,000 number given was a truly accurate one - i.e. that was the number present and those season book holders who didn't attend weren't counted.

I'd expect a slightly better crowd on Saturday but unless the performance is much better then next Tuesday's attendance will be poor.

I'd also make the point that I reckon the 35,000 number given was a truly accurate one - i.e. that was the number present and those season book holders who didn't attend weren't counted.

I'd expect a slightly better crowd on Saturday but unless the performance is much better then next Tuesday's attendance will be poor.

another poor preformance on Saturday - which I can see it being - and there will be easily under 30,000 next Tuesday.

I was expecting closer to 40K last night, and I am expecting 45K on Saturday.

What sort of crowd we get for Tuesday may well depend on who is managing the team on Saturday and how we play. There could be as much as 10,000 of a difference depending on the answer.

I was expecting closer to 40K last night, and I am expecting 45K on Saturday.

What sort of crowd we get for Tuesday may well depend on who is managing the team on Saturday and how we play. There could be as much as 10,000 of a difference depending on the answer.

I'd say a new manager would all but guarantee a sell out.