Stuart McCall officially confirmed as new Rangers manager

... I'd actually go as far as saying that they need to milk anything as long as it lasts. The days of horror are almost over and the club is moving in the right direction. On the field of play it will probably take longest though, so be prepared ...

Waiting for my first trophy as a fan in 1971 after 4 years of attending was a highlight, the CWC in '72 substantially took it up a level, the '73 cup final beating the tims again raised me even more, Jock Wallace's treble in '76 was incredible followed by another one in '78 which was euphoric.

Then we endured really dark days of failure and mediocrity, this was soon followed by ultimate glory all through the 9-in-a-row years under Souness then Smith. Dick Advocaat followed and the sky was the limit as far as I was concerned.

Things are back to 1967 in my mind, so glory days are not so far from reach, but my age might be against me to witness it again.

When McCall says that they are underperforming this season and that many of them are actually really good players - who is he referring to ?

We have no 'really good' players.

I don't think they are 'undeperforming' as such - they are just shite players. I'm not expecting much of an upturn as I don't believe these players have it in them to be much better.

And when he talks about some of the out of contarct players playing for a new contract - that frightens the life out of me. I suppose he has to say that. I sincerely hope he doesn't actually mean it. NONE are worthy of a new contract, unless it's for cleaning the bogs !!!

Edited by MoodyBlue

...witnessing Super Ally breaking all goal-scoring records was fantastic too.

Super Ally? Wow! How things can change in the blip of a lifetime.

IMHO, Ally will not be remembered for what happened post-Whyte. Much like John Greig is not be remembered for his managerial career.

Edited by der Berliner

When McCall says that they are underperforming this season and that many of them are actually really good players - who is he referring to ?

We have no 'really good' players.

I don't think they are 'undeperforming' as such - they are just shite players. I'm not expecting much of an upturn as I don't believe these players have it in them to be much better.

And when he talks about some of the out of contarct players playing for a new contract - that frightens the life out of me. I suppose he has to say that. I sincerely hope he doesn't actually mean it. NONE are worthy of a new contract, unless it's for cleaning the bogs !!!

McCall is playing mind games here to get promotion.

He's trying to make these players think they're as good as they were when they joined Rangers but we all know they've since regressed.

Dangling the carrot of new contracts is likewise.We all know only one or two from the dozen or so who are out of contract at the end of the season might get an offer but he's probably hoping this might improve the performances of the others. Whether it works or not is another matter