Stuart McCall officially confirmed as new Rangers manager

It's a really big ask of McCall and I'll give him credit for talking the job on. He's on a hiding to nothing.

I really don't expect to go up this season. Theirs too much wrong with the team and not enough time to fix it. If he can raise our game and make us actually look like a football team then I'll be happy. And I'll give him a crack at next season if he does.

Credit for taking it, a hiding to nothing? Never. The blame is cast and the expectation shattered.

So It is win - win for McCall, a no brainer because he cannot fail. A hero turning it around and getting us up or unable to rescue the M&M omni-shambles.

On a sidenote and while I do not know whether we can actually loan more players, we might always sign freebies. Whether there are any that would improve us and want to come to us right now is anyone's guess.

We'll have to wait and see how McCall will affect the players and what tactics he'll use. Two home games on the trott will give him help.

Its encouraging that they've moved so quickly and will be interesting to see how he does. Also what will his brief be I wonder? Try and get promotion at all costs or start the longer term rebuilding work and if promotion doesn't come this year its not the end of the world if he's making visible progress in terms of personnel and how we play?

I just hope McCall has the balls to make some of the decisions that appear to be needing made (like dropping McCulloch) that others haven't.

Nice to see you posting again mate!

It's always a gamble appointing a manager. Just ask Manchester United. A good manager at one club doesn't always become a good manager at another club. Nevertheless, any club with serious ambition should always be on the lookout for the best candidate.

I do not believe Rangers has done that. It has apparently approached Smith, who turned the job down( I've heard it suggested that he would have taken the job on a full-time basis but I have no idea if this is true), and then picked out McCall who has now accepted. Other rumours suggest that Gough and Davies were spoken to, but this is just speculation.

Stuart McCall has always been popular with Rangers fans. He is approachable and played the game in a way that our support likes - by giving everything. No Rangers fan will want him to fail and I wish him well.

My concern is the new board. If it opted for Walter Smith, that was its first mistake. If it spoke to Davies, Gough and McCall and no-one else, that was its second gaffe.

The wind of change has blown the the club and left the jobs for the boys mentality rooted within it. Did the new board not prepare for this moment? Did it not look further afield at other options? Did it only look as far as those who were close by - just like the Rangers board when we needed a new CEO and Craig Mather got the job.

I hope this works out for Stuart McCall, but if the board has been as limited in its managerial search as it appears to have been, this move deserves to fail.

It's always a gamble appointing a manager. Just ask Manchester United. A good manager at one club doesn't always become a good manager at another club. Nevertheless, any club with serious ambition should always be on the lookout for the best candidate.

I do not believe Rangers has done that. It has apparently approached Smith, who turned the job down( I've heard it suggested that he would have taken the job on a full-time basis but I have no idea if this is true), and then picked out McCall who has now accepted. Other rumours suggest that Gough and Davies were spoken to, but this is just speculation.

Stuart McCall has always been popular with Rangers fans. He is approachable and played the game in a way that our support likes - by giving everything. No Rangers fan will want him to fail and I wish him well.

My concern is the new board. If it opted for Walter Smith, that was its first mistake. If it spoke to Davies, Gough and McCall and no-one else, that was its second gaffe.

The wind of change has blown the the club and left the jobs for the boys mentality rooted within it. Did the new board not prepare for this moment? Did it not look further afield at other options? Did it only look as far as those who were close by - just like the Rangers board when we needed a new CEO and Craig Mather got the job.

I hope this works out for Stuart McCall, but if the board has been as limited in its managerial search as it appears to have been, this move deserves to fail.

correct me if im wrong but isn't this a short term gig...