Chris Graham Twitter problem

Ever since CG destroyed Spiers on television on the night Rangers won the FTTT those in the mhedia would have been watching him like a hawk waiting for any small slip or misdemeanour to use against him at a later date.

Looks to me that's what's happened here

and probably with some encouragement from some of 'our own'

and probably with some encouragement from some of 'our own'

You may be correct but after the demolition job he did on Spiers that night CG should have realised that Spiers & his mhedia chums would be looking for their revenge at some point.

Dave King described this sort of stuff as "noise" and we need to adopt an attitude like that too. Stick to the important stuff and let the shallow, petty and vindictive Scottish sports media people lower themselves and make hypocrites of themselves if they feel so inclined.

You're over egging this unfounded accusation quite a bit mate

No unfounded about it. Many people have been doing the dirty work of the Celtic supporters eager to spread the tweets in question.

It may well have originated from Celtic fans but it found more than willing traction from some of our own eager to do as much manage to the lad as possible.

CG has tweeted a lot of absolute garbage in amongst his many many excellent points, and all of this should have been tempered once he was appointed as RST rep. It shows a shocking lack of foresight/commom sense to be tweeting offensive stuff for a clearly ambitious and clever guy, and not at all necessary at times.

When he was falling out with the mods at RM his choice of language about fellow bears was shocking, but he was getting some outrageous, incredible personal abuse from so-called fellow bears at the time and decided that was the way to fight back. I am happy enough for him to be appointed as RST spokesman, and now as RST rep on the board, but he has a lot of growing up to do for a 38 year old and needs to show better judgement and learn to stand back and not just shout out at everything you dont like.

As previously posted, I hope the board stand full square behind him and out the journos agenda here which is nothing to do with the cartoon he re-tweeted and everything to do with the way he has fought with the scum in our media over the last year or two. This is our boards (and level 5) chance to lay down a marker that we are no longer a free hit and that there are consequences for lazy, sensationalist, anti-Rangers journalism.

The rush to appoint a 'fans rep' on the board was ill-advised, and the choice has rattled a fair percentage of our support. As far as I was concerned, we had fan representation on the board already, in the shape of King, Murray, and Gilligan. Anyone that took even a passing interest in the online Rangers pantomine, knew that Chris was a fairly controversial character. It's easy to blame a biased media and adopt a siege mentality, but at the end of the day, the facts they have reported are accurate.

The images tweeted are deeply offensive to a great many Muslims, and non-Muslims alike. Chris's only 'crime' may be jumping on a media bandwagon that erupted after the Paris incidents, but if you want to play that game, you can hardly bleat when the same media turns round and bites you on the arse.

The whole situation has been a complete farce, which is in keeping with our recent history. King needs to grab the bull by the horns here, and admit that an error has been made with this appointment, in my opinion. I don't see the CG 'witch hunt' going away any time soon.

To have a true 'fans rep' on the board, we need a worldwide membership system, election campaigns, followed by transparent elections. This was a rushed appointment, which inevitably has come back to haunt us. Whether you're a fan of Chris, or not, his appointment was fundamentally flawed, and that in turn, has rubbed many people up the wrong way. If it wasn't this twitter shite, it would have been something else.

A properly elected representative could easily ride out a storm such as this, a person in Chris's position, I'm not so sure.

The rush to appoint a 'fans rep' on the board was ill-advised, and the choice has rattled a fair percentage of our support. As far as I was concerned, we had fan representation on the board already, in the shape of King, Murray, and Gilligan. Anyone that took even a passing interest in the online Rangers pantomine, knew that Chris was a fairly controversial character. It's easy to blame a biased media and adopt a siege mentality, but at the end of the day, the facts they have reported are accurate.

The images tweeted are deeply offensive to a great many Muslims, and non-Muslims alike. Chris's only 'crime' may be jumping on a media bandwagon that erupted after the Paris incidents, but if you want to play that game, you can hardly bleat when the same media turns round and bites you on the arse.

The whole situation has been a complete farce, which is in keeping with our recent history. King needs to grab the bull by the horns here, and admit that an error has been made with this appointment, in my opinion. I don't see the CG 'witch hunt' going away any time soon.

To have a true 'fans rep' on the board, we need a worldwide membership system, election campaigns, followed by transparent elections. This was a rushed appointment, which inevitably has come back to haunt us. Whether you're a fan of Chris, or not, his appointment was fundamentally flawed, and that in turn, has rubbed many people up the wrong way. If it wasn't this twitter shite, it would have been something else.

A properly elected representative could easily ride out a storm such as this, a person in Chris's position, I'm not so sure.

I think much of that is fair criticism and it's perhaps because of this rush that Chris (and the club) was unprepared for the inevitable onslaught that would follow.

There's no doubt there has to be some sort of electoral, democratic and possible vetting procedure for fan reps who intend sitting on the club/company board. However, I've equally no doubt that Chris' appointment was with a view to that whereby his position would have been ratified later this year.

Furthermore, because of the witch-hunt you speak of, it's all the more reason to stand by the guy. Allowing Donald Findlay to resign in 1999 has in my eyes brought us to where we are now - an easy target and a sap for almost every social ill in Scotland. At what point do we say enough is enough...?

Edited by Frankie

I think much of that is fair criticism and it's perhaps because of this rush that Chris (and the club) was unprepared for the inevitable onslaught that would follow.

There's no doubt there has to be some sort of electoral, democratic and possible vetting procedure for fan reps who intend sitting on the club/company board. However, I've equally no doubt that Chris' appointment was with a view to that whereby his position would have been ratified later this year.

Furthermore, because of the witch-hunt you speak of, it's all the more reason to stand by the guy. Allowing Donald Findlay to resign in 1999 has in my eyes brought us to where we are now - an easy target and a sap for almost every social ill in Scotland. At what point do we say enough is enough...?

If guidetti doesn't deserve the sack why would cg? Edited by trublusince1982

If guidetti doesn't deserve the sack why would cg?

Like I say, Celtic merely ignore such stuff safe in the knowledge people like Cook, English, Spiers, McCulloch and various others won't press them too hard (if at all) on such issues.