Chris Graham Twitter problem

CG has tweeted a lot of absolute garbage in amongst his many many excellent points, and all of this should have been tempered once he was appointed as RST rep. It shows a shocking lack of foresight/commom sense to be tweeting offensive stuff for a clearly ambitious and clever guy, and not at all necessary at times.

When he was falling out with the mods at RM his choice of language about fellow bears was shocking, but he was getting some outrageous, incredible personal abuse from so-called fellow bears at the time and decided that was the way to fight back. I am happy enough for him to be appointed as RST spokesman, and now as RST rep on the board, but he has a lot of growing up to do for a 38 year old and needs to show better judgement and learn to stand back and not just shout out at everything you dont like.

As previously posted, I hope the board stand full square behind him and out the journos agenda here which is nothing to do with the cartoon he re-tweeted and everything to do with the way he has fought with the scum in our media over the last year or two. This is our boards (and level 5) chance to lay down a marker that we are no longer a free hit and that there are consequences for lazy, sensationalist, anti-Rangers journalism.

I think that's a better appraisal than the one I've been pushing. That seems a solid argument, for there's no question that he's been stitched up. But it seems like a big ask to ride it out.

I think that's a better appraisal than the one I've been pushing. That seems a solid argument, for there's no question that he's been stitched up. But it seems like a big ask to ride it out.

Club are saying he's not under investigation but that they would comment within 48 hours.

I think much of that is fair criticism and it's perhaps because of this rush that Chris (and the club) was unprepared for the inevitable onslaught that would follow.

There's no doubt there has to be some sort of electoral, democratic and possible vetting procedure for fan reps who intend sitting on the club/company board. However, I've equally no doubt that Chris' appointment was with a view to that whereby his position would have been ratified later this year.

Furthermore, because of the witch-hunt you speak of, it's all the more reason to stand by the guy. Allowing Donald Findlay to resign in 1999 has in my eyes brought us to where we are now - an easy target and a sap for almost every social ill in Scotland. At what point do we say enough is enough...?

He may well be ratified by the support in the near future, but I can't really see a reason why we couldn't have waited for it. In the grand scheme of things, getting a rep on the board must be quite low on our list of priorities. It seems to have caused a wholly unnecessary division/distraction among the support. Fan ownership/representation will be a long slow process, that if conducted hastily, could kill it before it's even began.

On the point of the 'witch hunt', I was actually referring to the internal witch hunt by sections of our own support. I don't see this particular case as being media led.

Whether we like it or not, good PR is vital for modern football clubs, and for that reason, an ongoing war with any media outlets can only result in one loser, us. The best way to fight any bad publicity, is to have a proper standards, and consequences for anyone that falls below them . King has said as much himself in recent days.

Hey, I understand that you have an issue with anyone who makes the club look bad. However the point that I'm making is that you are comparing apples and oranges.

It is you who equated Graham's tweet with the outside actions of Easdale. Do you honestly believe that they are equally as bad as each other and deserve to be compared?

It seemed an unnecessary comparison and a simple retweet compared to everything that Easdale has done in the past are so far away from each other it's not true.

Unusually for your posts this intrigued me, so I nipped back and re-read what we'd posted.

#132 already explained for those who didn't get it that I was referring to the level of behaviour. I mentioned no specifics. The posts which refer to 'outside actions' and 'everything Easdale has done in the past' are yours. It is, as you say, 'an unnecessary comparison', so much relief all round that I didn't make it.

I don't really know what else to say, I've explained my position two or three times and am now faced with someone criticising me for the content of their own posts.

I can't imagine my opinion will affect things one way or the other and no doubt the media and celtc fans are loving this, so unless there's something desperate that someone wants to pull me up for I think I'll bail from this topic.

Edited by andy steel

He may well be ratified by the support in the near future, but I can't really see a reason why we couldn't have waited for it. In the grand scheme of things, getting a rep on the board must be quite low on our list of priorities. It seems to have caused a wholly unnecessary division/distraction among the support. Fan ownership/representation will be a long slow process, that if conducted hastily, could kill it before it's even began.

On the point of the 'witch hunt', I was actually referring to the internal witch hunt by sections of our own support. I don't see this particular case as being media led.

Whether we like it or not, good PR is vital for modern football clubs, and for that reason, an ongoing war with any media outlets can only result in one loser, us. The best way to fight any bad publicity, is to have a proper standards, and consequences for anyone that falls below them . King has said as much himself in recent days.

King said we'd have fan representation to he wanted to show goodwill on that front and, for all his faults, Chris has done a good job in such a role so it made sense to have an interim appointment ahead of any new vehicle/process. A few seem unhappy but most seem comfortable.

I completely agree with your point about PR. Unfortunately, as much as we may try, some in the media will not hesitate in their constant pursuit of our club while ignoring others. This has been the case now for over ten years. As such, that has to form part of our strategy.

Not necessarily - any investigation or its outcome need not be made public.

I would contend that the result of the investigation should be made public for two reasons:

1) The comments complained off were made in public

2) The position of director of RFC is very public, so the directors actions including past actions if they might have a bearing on how that person is perceived or how the Club is perceived in public, should be open to public scrutiny.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

the day all these muslim leaders unequivocally condemn all atrocities against humanity in any form in the name of Islam then I will respect their wishes. as this is unlikely they can fucking do one...

I remember CG tweeting that that it was a bit close to the bone and not particularly intelligent., even if directed at a despicable arsehole like Anjem Choudhary. He's certainly being stitched up but in this case has made fairly easy for them. It's not a resignation matter, IMHO, but that may not be enough to save him. Plenty of public resignations happen not because of the rights and wrongs of the situation but because it's a distraction. I hope that's not the case here.