Chris Graham Twitter problem

Whilst no one would argue with your final sentence, I think the issue here is where you would draw the line between allowable and non-allowable offensiveness. As RB points out whilst the re-tweet was sent to Choudary it is there for all Muslims to read and clearly grossly offensive to some if not most. Would you say that it is OK to be offensive so long as it is not the kind of offensiveness that might lead to a riot and who is to make that judgement, a policeman and/or the procurator fiscal as with the oft derided Offensive Behaviour and Threatening Communications Act? Or just a Breach of the Peace type situation?

It is easy to find ways to justify Mr Graham's actions but isn't even easier just to admit that it was a silly, childish thing to do and whether he was a director of Rangers at the time or not, it shows he is not the type of person who should hold that office.

Did not take you too long Eh?

and it gave any right-thinking person following CG a bit of a laugh on what was a terrible day for right -thinking people .

If only it were that simple...............

The problem is that this will eventually be used as a stick to beat Rangers with by our mhedia enemies i.e. having CG as a director damaging Rangers reputation.

His position will become untenable & he'll need to go

If only it were that simple...............

The problem is that this will eventually be used as a stick to beat Rangers with by our mhedia enemies i.e. having CG as a director damaging Rangers reputation.

His position will become untenable & he'll need to go

Absolutely, and the thing is we're not talking about a complete isolated incident, Chris has a history of questionable online behaviour (as do I probably but I'm not going to become a Rangers director). If this gets blown over something else will crop up.

By banning freedom of speech? The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act is an invidious act that will almost certainly not survive the next time it is scrutinised. It has given a weapon to the serially offended and caused more problems than it has solved. No other section of society has been singled out for special treatment. The root causes of sectarianism are historical and complex and won't be solved by gagging orders.

i don't know why people keep using this phrase

we do not currently have the freedom to say whatever we want.