Possible Dates for the 3rd Semi-Annual Gersnet Dinner

Subject to any corrections to the SPFL Rules and possible dates, that I have posted in a separate thread; for the purposes of looking at dates for the 3rd Semi-Annual Gersnet Dinner I will assume that we will be in the Play-Offs.

If Rangers finish second, which is looking increasingly unlikely; then we have possible home matches on:

Saturday May 23, 2015

Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg

and if we win that tie then

Thursday May 28, 2015

Premiership play-off final, 1st leg

If Rangers finish third, which is looking increasingly likely; then we have possible home matches on:

Wednesday May 13, 2015

Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg

Saturday May 16, 2015

Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg

Thursday May 28, 2015

If Rangers finish fourth, which is entirely possible; then we have possible home matches on:

Saturday May 9, 2015

Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg

Saturday May 16, 2015

Thursday May 28, 2015

On the basis that the dinner has to be at the weekend, then in terms of possible dinner dates there are three possibilities:

Saturday May 9, 2015 if we finish fourth in the league:-

Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg

Saturday May 16, 2015 if we finish third or finish fourth and win the first tie:-

Saturday May 23, 2015 if we finish second:-

Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg

If we are in the Play-Off Final then our match will be on the Thursday 28th and if Hibernian or Falkirk are in the Scottish Cup Final and the Play-Off Final then they would have to have beaten us en route, so if the Play-Off Finals are moved it wouldn’t affect us.

It seems to me, therefore that we should plan for Saturday May 23, 2015, and either decide to hold the dinner on that date regardless; or be prepared to move it to any of the other dates depending on circumstances.

(If we don't reach the Play-Offs then our last weekend match will be against Falkirk which is presently scheduled for 3.00pm on Saturday the 25th of April. In that case I would not be able to organise or attend the dinner as I will be away from the 10th to the 30th of April, so someone else will need to take over.)

I would welcome feedback on the above and in particular whether we should just fix the date of Saturday May 23, 2015, regardless; or be prepared to move it to any of the other dates depending on circumstances.

If there is broad agreement then I will go ahead but if there are differing opinions I’ll put up a poll.

I’ll put up something about possible venues once we have agreed on a date.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Correction re Saturday 23rd of May

I would go with the first round given our current form.

You mean go with that date and stick to it so long as we are in the play-offs even if we get past the first round so we have possible home games on the 16th and 23rd?

BTW not sure if these can be changed to Sundays.

Depending on how flexible the restaurant is, booking for the 9th and then gradually working forward if we get through the rounds might work rather than booking the 23rd and having to work backwords.

Or as I said we could just pick the most likely date, which as you say might be the 9th and stick with that regardless of what happens.

Edit: Of course the 9th only works if we finish fourth. The 16th might be better because one would hope we could at least finish 3rd in which case we would be at home in the semi final on that date if we won the first tie. We could then either stick to that date regardless or could move a week back or forward depending on progress or the lack of it.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This thread is open to all not just those who have attended or might consider attending the next dinner.

I would like to know whether or not there is interest in having an end of season dinner because if not it will save me a lot of time organising something no one cares about.

We had 12 first time and 22 second time so I thought it was progressing well but if not then fair enough.

If there is enough interest then going by the few comments so far the 9th of May, which would be our home game in the first round if we finish fourth, or the 16th which would be our home game if we get through the first round look like the best bets.

All constructive comments welcome.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This thread is open to all not just those who have attended or might consider attending the next dinner.

I would like to know whether or not there is interest in having an end of season dinner because if not it will save me a lot of time organising something no one cares about.

We had 12 first time and 22 second time so I thought it was progressing well but if not then fair enough.

If there is enough interest then going by the few comments so far the 9th of May, which would be our home game in the first round if we finish fourth, or the 16th which would be our home game if we get through the first round look like the best bets.

All constructive comments welcome.

have you considered a Gersnet hospitality at the home game, that way money will go to club.

Just thinking out loud