What did everyone expect

Regardless of this, McCall isn't the man to take us forward, we need much better for next season. A guy who got sacked in the English 4th tier and took Motherwell to second bottom with 5 straight defeats is a universe away from being of the required standard.

He's a temporary appointment to the end of the season. I can't imagine there were many suitable candidates who would be willing to take the job for a couple of months under the current circumstances. McCall has nothing to lose...he goes back to his Scotland job once this is finished.

The flak McCall got and get is rather pathetic, IMHO. What cost us yesterday were the inability of our strikers to score from the numerous chances they had (plus the stout and resolute defending by Alloa), as well as a couple of rather good goals from their point of view. Right now, teams have a knack to score against us without doing that much else on the park. That said, there is not solely good or bad defending, else a good defence would hardly or never concede a goal. Which simply is not happening. As long as we have a disorganized and ever changing defence, which also features people who should not be there (but have to because lack of options, Mohnsi anyone???), we are bound to lose goals - as any team would. That will only change with other players and will McCall throw on Halkett against Hibs? If anything, he can drop McCulloch, play Sinnamon on the right and have McGregor and Zaliukas in CD. If those are fit. What can he do about misifring strikers? He now got first hand experience re Boyd. Daly looked better, but he could try Hardie or Gallacher against Hibs. And there we are, trial and error while playing competitive football at a crucial stage in the season. If that goes wrong, people will hare after McCall. If he uses the imposters people will hare after him. Maybe we give him some leeway for the time being? Sunday will be difficult and important, but hardly a watershed for McCall's managerial abilities either.

I think anyone who came in as manager for us at this stage in the game were on to a hiding for nothing. McCall/Rangers have said that some of them if they want to earn new contracts and continue playing for us need to step up to the plate,. They have once again failed to do this. We then get another empty sound bite (mcculloch/boyd) saying we know we’re pish but we can improve. As each game is played and the count down to the end of season gathers pace, we know that’s not true! I don’t know what’s wrong with us.

Is it too much money, to the point that the hunger has gone?

Is it personalities clashing that stops them playing with any fluidity?

Is it a mental thing.. have they lost that desire that made them professionals to beging with?

Certainly the fitness levels are shocking. The Ally McCoist plan that seen us rise through two divisions, seemed to be let the other team run themselves into the ground, and we’ll take them in the later part of the game. No doubt other teams cottoned on to our plan but we should of still had enough about us to see them off.

For me, McCall has arrived too late(quite happy to be proved wrong) in the day. If he’s there for the new season then he should be given time. He’s worked on a very tight budget before and has achieved results.

For the McCulloch thing, I wonder why he keeps getting a game when we can all see he’s not up to it. Does he galvanise and marshal the troops that well, that to drop him would mean even poorer performances, who knows!

My old school team had more organization I hate to say this but its getting worse , we have the boardroom sorted good, but the playing staff are just not up to the job who knows who will be in charge next season or how much we have to spend its going to be a hard and sore journey

The flak McCall got and get is rather pathetic, IMHO. What cost us yesterday were the inability of our strikers to score from the numerous chances they had (plus the stout and resolute defending by Alloa), as well as a couple of rather good goals from their point of view. Right now, teams have a knack to score against us without doing that much else on the park. That said, there is not solely good or bad defending, else a good defence would hardly or never concede a goal. Which simply is not happening. As long as we have a disorganized and ever changing defence, which also features people who should not be there (but have to because lack of options, Mohnsi anyone???), we are bound to lose goals - as any team would. That will only change with other players and will McCall throw on Halkett against Hibs? If anything, he can drop McCulloch, play Sinnamon on the right and have McGregor and Zaliukas in CD. If those are fit. What can he do about misifring strikers? He now got first hand experience re Boyd. Daly looked better, but he could try Hardie or Gallacher against Hibs. And there we are, trial and error while playing competitive football at a crucial stage in the season. If that goes wrong, people will hare after McCall. If he uses the imposters people will hare after him. Maybe we give him some leeway for the time being? Sunday will be difficult and important, but hardly a watershed for McCall's managerial abilities either.

What cost us yesterday was we were nowhere near good enough, as usual.

He's a temporary appointment to the end of the season. I can't imagine there were many suitable candidates who would be willing to take the job for a couple of months under the current circumstances. McCall has nothing to lose...he goes back to his Scotland job once this is finished.

Lets' just hope/pray that this is the case and that no-one on the board sees fit to extend his stay.

Even if we get promoted Stuart is only here until the end of the season, at least that's the way I see it. King laid down the way forward and I cannot see them discarding it for Stuart McColl.

I wonder if you asked whoever will be coming in, Cathro, Magath or even Neil McCann (see he was in the Directors Box last night), where they would like to be playing while they build a squad, would they prefer to stay in the Championship with 3 transfer windows before taking on SPL teams.

Perhaps they would.

I expected him to drop jig

he didn't and i knew immediately he was a bad manager that didn't know what he was doing

I now expect nothing to change results wise between now and the end of the season which can't come fast enough.

Edited by jhunter

I don't know that he is a bad manager but he has misjudged the mood of the fans re jig and dare I say it made a poor judgement on his playing ability as well. 2 draws are about as much use as 2 defeats at this stage . hindsight is a wonderful thing but 2 brave selections and maybe defeats and who knows he might have had a better idea who can take us forward. looks like he HAS to make the brave decisions now and we could well have a few sticky games as a result. Time will soon run out on saving anything from this season. I expected McCall to have a bit more balls to sweep out the old brigade..