King goes to court of sessions to become director

The SFA will not & cannot do anything if he is cleared by the Court of Session.

The two things are not related at all (though I am in no doubt that if successful in the Court of Session King will seek to use that as evidence before the SFA) and if anything the SFA will want to prove that they are acting independently according to their Rules.

Isn't the Court of Session only ruling on his previous involvement with a liquidated company? They will not pass him as fit and proper, or otherwise, in relation to his affairs in SA will they?

That's correct and applies equally to the SFA "fit and proper" test.

Isn't the Court of Session only ruling on his previous involvement with a liquidated company? They will not pass him as fit and proper, or otherwise, in relation to his affairs in SA will they?

the court of session will only be ruling on the liquidated company and I think King has a very good argument for the liquidation rules to be waived in his case.

The SFA will take into account his South African business affairs and I predict they definitely will agree with Rangers Football Club that King IS a fit and proper person

Its really a depressing world when you think of people who actually do things like that. They need a hobby, other than the hatred of a football club.

I dont think King can be held in any way responsible for what happened in 2012, so his case should be straightforward.

I looked at the LSE forum shortly after this news broke and already "investors" on there were discussing who qualfies to object and how to go about it. It's a strange world, sadly it is one we have grown accustomed to and I was not in the least bit surprised by what I was reading.

I don't think he will have a problem at COS but I do agree with der Berliner that The SFA could pose more of an issue, you would be crazy to try and second guess them. The wheels are in motion though so here's hoping for a positive outcome on both fronts.

I looked at the LSE forum shortly after this news broke and already "investors" on there were discussing who qualfies to object and how to go about it. It's a strange world, sadly it is one we have grown accustomed to and I was not in the least bit surprised by what I was reading.

The LSE chat section for our PLC has more Celtic fans discussing us than actual investors mate. There's generally a mixture of Celtic supporting trolls, our own fans and a few crackpots who are hard to tell if they're fans from our own wee loony fringe or tims.

Edited by Zappa

The LSE chat section for our PLC has more Celtic fans discussing us than actual investors mate. There's generally a mixture of Celtic supporting trolls, our own fans and a few crackpots who are hard to tell if they're fans from our own wee loony fringe or tims.

Totally buddy. It's not even funny when you see the amount of threads and the same posters, a quick glance at the times of the posts is quite frightening. Not a single hour of the working day goes by without comment. If something or someone consumed my time so much I'd be expecting dinner on the table, a brood of kids and an incontinent dog called Rover for my troubles.