Related in some ways to the other post.

The British broadcasting company right?

So why during a Rugby game involving two British sides, is 90% of the commentary done from an English perspective?

Not watched the pre-game build up for the match today as I assume, despite two more British sides (sort of), they will dwell on yesterdays game, despite all the post game analysis I'm sure they would've had yesterday. Would rather today was devoted solely to today's game.

This year it will have all been analysis of England's great play due to their win, arguably fair enough. However last year, when we won, it was all analysis of hoe badly England played, what they did wrong, where they can improve.

If they're goin to behave like this, why not change the name to EBC and stop forcing Scots, Welsh and Irish to pay for this crap.

Same as at the world cup. Ok they were the only British side there so devote time to them. But everyday they would spend pre-game, half time and post match analysis talking about Englands previous game or next one. Fuck off, i'm sick of it.

Must admit this was the most annoying thing about watching sport in the UK. People say its coz the commentators are English and they are supporting there nation - quite rightly so.

But this is bollocks.

It is called BBC or BskyB with a strong amount of revenue coming from the other home nations so we are entitled to a service.

And:

Some of the pundits are even Scottish or Irish etc and still are more Pro-English. Alan Hansen is the worst culprit here and I think Bob Wilson used to be bad for it. Neither of them should be allowed back into Scotland with some of the comments they have made i.e. "us" referring to England.

If im right, Mark Lawrenceson is Irish but still pro england.

Must admit this was the most annoying thing about watching sport in the UK. People say its coz the commentators are English and they are supporting there nation - quite rightly so.

But this is bollocks.

It is called BBC or BskyB with a strong amount of revenue coming from the other home nations so we are entitled to a service.

And:

Some of the pundits are even Scottish or Irish etc and still are more Pro-English. Alan Hansen is the worst culprit here and I think Bob Wilson used to be bad for it. Neither of them should be allowed back into Scotland with some of the comments they have made i.e. "us" referring to England.

If im right, Mark Lawrenceson is Irish but still pro england.

Mark Lawrenson is English, but was not good enough for the International team, and thus dropped to play for the ROI. He is a CNUT of the highest order.

The reason is that 90% of the people watching the Beeb live in England, and are almost certainly English. They are merely giving the vast majority of the viewers what they want. Nothing wrong with that as I am concerned and it always sets them up to be put down when they fail.....

the BBC are bollocks ....... was reading a bit earlier about the guy reporting on the NATIONAL BBC News, that it was 'good that Jonny Wilkinson was back in OUR side before England's game with Scotland'

Impartial, eh?

Stuff like that will always make me favour an independent Scotland, or at the very least, a fairer united kingdom with a federal set-up ..... otherwise you can shove all this rule britannia shite!! (I expect a flood of posters now to tell me that i can't be a true Gers fan :rolleyes: )

Small minded Nationalism is what it is..... look, if someone who is English wants England to win what the fuck is wrong with that? OK it is National news, but give a fuck.... stop the small minded Nationalism, its like school kids stuff!!

Oh and you don't have to be Scottish to support Rangers BTW!

Small minded Nationalism is what it is..... look, if someone who is English wants England to win what the fuck is wrong with that? OK it is National news, but give a fuck.... stop the small minded Nationalism, its like school kids stuff!!

Oh and you don't have to be Scottish to support Rangers BTW!

So I just have no right to watch a game with neutral or non-biased commentators, pitch side-reporters and panel memebers then.

Shut up.

ANd noone said anything about Rangers, that's why it's not in Rangers chat. :yawn:

If you don't like what your watching then turn the cnut off..

FFS its like talking to the character Les Dawson used to fooking do... the old bint with the dodgy old tits..

No one is making you watch it, and since over 90% of there viewers are English, its hardly surprising they will lean that way. If you don't like then listen to Radio Scotland for a complete and utterly nuetral viewpoint, or Radio Clyde for that matter.

"only the small minded cannot see past there own fucking bollocks" Loyal.

If you don't like what your watching then turn the cnut off..

FFS its like talking to the character Les Dawson used to fooking do... the old bint with the dodgy old tits..

No one is making you watch it, and since over 90% of there viewers are English, its hardly surprising they will lean that way. If you don't like then listen to Radio Scotland for a complete and utterly nuetral viewpoint, or Radio Clyde for that matter.

"only the small minded cannot see past there own fucking bollocks" Loyal.

Aye but smart arse the issue is that we are forced to pay a tv licence to support this bias propaganda. You are missing the point either because you choose not to see it or becuse you aren't smart enough. And before you go whining about insults etc you're the one who started being an arse on this thread.

If I want to watch the Rugby but its a choice between not seeing it or listening to biased pish then that isn't a choice and I have every right to complain.

Same goes for this thread I started, if you don't like it F uck off out of it.

Your crap analogies aren't even relevant.

Moron.

Wija,

The point being made is that the BBC is supposed to be a BRITISH entity providing unbiased, neutral programming.

If it is pro-English and an unbalanced portion of its viewing is for the English then they should give the rest of the UK viewing public the opportunity to opt out of paying the Beeb licencing fee.

To say "if you don't like it turn it off" is just narrow-minded - why should those on here that would prefer to "turn it off" have to pay for a service which they deem to be biased.

Even if the viewing population is 90% English when you have England v Scotland or England v Wales the commentary and the programming should be BALANCED - every person in the country pays the SAME licence fee and therefore should feel entitled to getting BALANCED commentary. It doesn't happen though, does it ?

As for me personally I don't give a shit as I am out of the country, so I guess I am a neutral viewpoint