Former Celt rejects Gers Thu, Feb 01 2007 18:45

Mark Fotheringham has revealed he snubbed Rangers to join Norwich - because he wanted to play a higher standard of football.

The former Celtic star joined on transfer deadline day along with fellow Scot, Simon Lappin, who arrived from Scottish Premier League side St Mirren.

Fotheringham had been training with Rangers for a week and looked set to join Walter Smith's men. However, having watched Peter Grant's side take on Wolves at Carrow Road on Tuesday evening, the 24-year-old was quick to change his mind.

The former Dundee player said: "I went to watch Rangers against Hearts at the weekend, it was alright but I think the standard is a lot stronger in the Championship as a whole, with the amount of teams and the size of the clubs here so that was obviously a big decision for me but, I am just delighted to be down here, I'm buzzing."

Fotheringham looks set to make his debut against Leeds at Carrow Road this weekend and admits he is excited about lining up with his new team-mates for the first time.

"I am so impressed with the squad, we have got some good players here and I just can't wait to get started playing with them," he added.

Hahaha, aye very good ya fanny!

I hope you Norwich get relegated for 2 reasons:

1) You joined them ya arrogant cunt

2) Peter Grant is the manager.

I forgot Peter Grant was there. I totally 100% agree with both points:D