Nicky Law a wanted man...

...as Rangers top scorer attracts interest from English Championship.

No fewer than ten English clubs have shown interest in Nicky Law

Brighton, Birmingham and Reading are showing the strongest interest

Midfielder Law is Rangers' top scorer with 12 goals this season

Rangers top scorer Nicky Law has emerged as a £500,000 target for a trio of English Championship clubs.

Sportsmail understands Law's representatives have fielded calls from no fewer than ten English clubs.

But Brighton, Birmingham and Reading are showing the strongest interest in a player who also the target of January interest from Bolton boss Neil Lennon and Huddersfield Town.

Law scored twice in Sunday's 4-0 rout of Raith Rovers to take his tally for the season to 12 and has been a rejuvenated figure under interim manager Stuart McCall, his former Motherwell boss.

McCall has been in charge for seven games, winning four, and would like to keep Law - but has yet to discover if he will be handed the Rangers job on a permanent basis.

Pushing for promotion to the Premiership via the play-offs the Ibrox club face Livingston tomorrow night with final decisions yet to be reached a dozen players out of contract in the summer.

Midfielder Ian Black is one of those likely to leave and is attracting interest from new Wigan boss Gary Caldwell.

Veteran striker Kenny Miller, in his third spell at the club, remains non-committal saying: 'I can only speak for myself but I have put talks about contracts and the likes on hold because it's more important we get back to where we belong – which is the Premiership.

'I'm not really worried or thinking about it too much because a big part of it will come down to whether or not we are successful.

'After that, if we've done that, then there is probably a better chance of people getting contracts.'

Meanwhile, former Rangers starlet Lewis Macleod will almost certainly not kick a ball for Brentford this season after his £850,000 January move.

The Scotland Under 21 star was expected to make a big impact as the Griffin Park side battled for a shock place in the English Premier League for the first time.

Macleod suffered a hamstring injury in his final game for Rangers at Alloa's Indodrill Stadium in December.

He's suffered further setbacks at the London club and has so far only managed to play 45 minutes for Brentford reserves since his move.

Now Brentford manager Mark Warburton - who is leaving the club at the end of the season - has admitted he doesn't want to risk the 20-year-old and may not even get to see the youngster play this season.

He explained: 'He's coming along. We have to be fair to the player. I want him to be involved.

'He's been out for three or four months and he's got to be comfortable that he can commit 100 per cent.

'The last thing you want to do is put a player on with a doubt in his mind with regards to a sprint, challenge, jump or tackle. He's very close but we have to be fair to the player.' Macleod missed most of last season too after taking an adverse reaction to a viral infection affected the muscles around his heart.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3037816/Nicky-Law-wanted-man-Rangers-scorer-attracts-English-Championship.html#ixzz3XGnK9sTs

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ideally we would do a deal with Brentford to bring Macleod back with Law going the other way. Or we should sell Law and use the funds to buy MacLeod back.

The overhaul at the club this summer should be massive. The previous regime both on and off the park set us back a few years but its all about moving on now. We need players with fight and the ability who are worthy of pulling on the shirt.

Id like to see us try bring back Macleod and also Allan Mcgregor. I know he was one who left under a cloud but he was a top class keeper at the time and shouldn't have been playing bottom tier football anyway. he is having a horrid time at an awful Hull team. I wonder if we could snap him up on the cheap and do a deal with him should Hull get relegated (which I think they will).

BTW, McGregor's contract with Hull runs till End of June 2016 (by then he'll be 34), Macleod's with Brentford till End of June 2018. Only serious money will price them away from those teams. Well, serious money of us. And I for one doubt that our management will see any need of replacing Bell (or Robinson) or bringing back Macleod (only on-loan perhaps). On a sidenote, Scott Allan has a contract till next summer too and is valued at Euro 250k (by Transfermarkt) right now.

In any case, our main problem remains that we don't know where we'll play next season and a lot of decisions hinge on that.

Edited by der Berliner

Ideally we would do a deal with Brentford to bring Macleod back with Law going the other way. Or we should sell Law and use the funds to buy MacLeod back.

The overhaul at the club this summer should be massive. The previous regime both on and off the park set us back a few years but its all about moving on now. We need players with fight and the ability who are worthy of pulling on the shirt.

Id like to see us try bring back Macleod and also Allan Mcgregor. I know he was one who left under a cloud but he was a top class keeper at the time and shouldn't have been playing bottom tier football anyway. he is having a horrid time at an awful Hull team. I wonder if we could snap him up on the cheap and do a deal with him should Hull get relegated (which I think they will).

McGregor was earning £20-25k per week with us, probably on quite a bit more than that at Hull. He would need to take one hell of a wage cut. I think we need to get realistic because any money we have should be focused on young, aspiring players that we can develop. We have no money to be spent on 33 year olds in the Premiership.

As for Macleod, no chance. We just sold him for a pittance, why would they sell him back for the same? We would get hardly anything for Law.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

McGregor was earning £20-25k per week with us, probably on quite a bit more than that at Hull. He would need to take one hell of a wage cut. I think we need to get realistic because any money we have should be focused on young, aspiring players that we can develop. We have no money to be spent on 33 year olds in the Premiership.

We need a mix of experience and youth. As I said if Hull get relegated they may want to offload players and we may then get Mcgregor on the cheap. Of course it would depend on doing a deal with him as I said....but with a host of players leaving including McCulloch that would free up wages.

Regarding MacLeod,AFAIK he hasn't played one game for Brentford yet.

As is written in the OP. Interestingly enough, neither Warburton and Weir, i.e. the management team of Brentford who signed him, may not see him play as they leave in te summer.

Who's going to replace the goals Law has scored then? Goal-scoring midfielders are much-sought after as they ease the burden on the strikers.IMO he should be kept(if he wants to stay) because of the goals he gets

Rangers biggest issue is who plays up front next season as all the forwards are out of contract and unlikely to get new contracts. Their contribution this season hasn't been great although Clarke has been better in the past few games