Danny Wilson looked a wonderful prospect, whilst playing along side David Weir. The move to Liverpool was far too soon, and interrupted his development. He did not play for two seasons. Hearts were perfect for his football rehabilitation. I suspect he will pull on the green'n'grey hooped horror of a jersey. I agree with Frankie, he lacks genuine pace, so did Dave Smith. However, the diagonal ball over his left shoulder gets him every time.

Couldnt have had a more professional player to learn alongside him. Wilson was developing into a good player, and he's not a bad player now, but im sure being guided by Davie helped alot.

The likes of him and Scott Allan. Players we should have known all about and would have been cheap, young, hungry players that can develop and be sold for a profit.

I think we dodged a bullet with Scott Allan tbh because while he's clearly a good player and he's had good games against us this season, I wasn't overly impressed with Allan at all when we went to Easter Road 4 weeks ago. I could be wrong, but I think Lewis Macleod is a far better player than Allan.

As for Danny Wilson, I liked him a lot when he was playing for us. He's got a great left foot and he's a better central defender than any we've got in our squad. I think I probably disagree with the folk saying that going to Liverpool was a bad move or too early for him though because I'm pretty sure that even although he didn't play much for their first team he's almost certain to have gained a lot of experience from their U21 and reserve games as well as their training methods.

Bottom line is that Danny Wilson's been an important player for Hearts this season, playing about 30 league games so far and they've only conceded 23 goals while we've shipped 35. Not all Wilson's doing obviously, but he's an impressive defender and he's only going to get better with experience.

I agree with Zappa in so much as I really dont see it in Allan. I havent been impressed with Hibs in any of our meetings with them, and he hasn't stuck out as a player from what I saw. 4 games is not a lot to judge someone on granted, but from what is written about him he should stick out head and shoulders above the rest like Lewis McLeod done with us, and I dont think he has.

Danny Wilson and Scott Allan are both perfect examples of what could have been. Both started their careers brightly before getting their heads turned by money. Had Allan stayed at Dundee Utd for a couple of seasons after breaking into their first team he'd be at a bigger club now, probably in England either challenging for promotion from the Championship or fighting relegation from the Premier League. As it is he wasted the most important years of his development and now finds himself at Hibs. He's 23 now, no longer a youngster, and has only played 68 first team games in his entire career, a number of them from the bench. Stuart Armstrong, who is the same age and broke into the Utd side at the same time has played 136 first team games. Tell me, who do you think will have the better career?

Wilson is very similar. He played 14 times for Rangers and was on course to being a first choice defender. He left when he shouldn't have and played a total of 9 first team matches in three years. It was only his loan spell at hearts and subsequent transfer that saw his career going back on track. Had he remained at rangers i've no doubt he'd be a better player and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship.

Nothing is better than first team football for players between 18 - 22 years, nothing. That's where they learn their trade, understand pressure, deal with different types of opponents, the anger of fans as well as the praise. No academy or training facility can replicate that.

I wouldn't want either of them at Rangers, both have shown disloyalty and a lack of intelligence in their short careers, someone else is welcome to them.

Wilson is very similar. He played 14 times for Rangers and was on course to being a first choice defender.

Had he remained at rangers i've no doubt he'd be a better player and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship.

In all fairness John, Danny Wilson was an excellent prospect for us, but he only got a game because Bougherra went AWOL that season and Walter quite rightly put his foot down.