Rangers are reported to have rejected goalkeeper Ronald Waterreus' wage demands and the Dutchman could now leave the club.

The Daily Record reports that Waterreus wants �£15,000 per week - a rise on last season's wage - but the club will only go as high as �£12,000 and will now turn their attention to Paris St. Germain goalkeeper Lionel Letizi as a replacement.

RonaldWaterreusITV.jpg

Great news. I didn't want Waterreus and I like him even less after his greedy demands.

Stefan Klos currently gets more than double Ronald for doing nothing.

Its a pride thing more than greed.

It was similar with Numan, we all know they are rich but when you are a footballing icon being dicked about by Bain it can be a tad annoying.

Stefan Klos currently gets more than double Ronald for doing nothing.

Its a pride thing more than greed.

It was similar with Numan, we all know they are rich but when you are a footballing icon being dicked about by Bain it can be a tad annoying.

Klos came to Rangers as a CL champion. We gave him top dollar for a top keeper in Europe - and at a time when those kind of wages were normal at Ibrox. He is only doing nothing because we're foolish enough not to pick him for the team. He's in the same wage bracket as Prso and Fergie and has given an average standard of performance that is much higher than both of them.

What was Waterreus on at Man City? The guy is barely more than a mediocre top tier keeper who was third choice at MC and is definitely not worth more than 600k a year. He won't get anywhere near 750k elsewhere.

If it's his pride he'd surely take was is really a pretty hefty wage and be a first choice keeper for a pretty prestigious team who are expected to win a trophy or two and make a fair crack at the UEFA cup.

A Man City reject who was a major part of the worst run of results in Rangers history has no reason to be so proud.

I for one think Bain is quite right to offer him that wage and tell him to take it or leave it. It was the same with Vignal and look what happened to him.

Numan was offered about 5K a week after being probably the best full back for Rangers in modern times. Who know's, he might have taken the 12K that's on offer to Ron.

I dont think think he should be made another offer.

But I am not interested in slating him.

as he missed only a handful of games last season, whereas his understudy is being paid more than double for doing nothing.

Maybe he is not too happy about that and if thats the case he is entitled to move on.

i`m sure leguen will go for the proper option.

he wasn`t planning this takeover as boss for months for nothing.

personally i`d prefer a younger keeper and i`m beginning to think watterhaus thinks he`s too good for us aswell with his rotten attitude!

he made enough blunders in my eyes to warrant the heave ho. Some may laugh though when i suggest graeme smith as his replacement. I reckon he is a great keeper with a lot of potential and shouldnt have been allowed to leave when he did. Another bobo from our departed manager.