Play-off dates announced

BT Sport :(

Not willing to pay for it.

The BT Sport coverage is absolutely terrible. Amateurish camera work, crap commentary and absolutely dreadful half-time analysis with 3 or 4 guys standing behind a cheap exhibition counter that looks like they nicked it from a trade show at the SECC. The football on display is normally bad enough without the broadcaster making the entertainment even worse.

The kick-off times are all over the place:

Sat 09 Queen of the South - 17:30

Sun 17 Queen of the South - 15:30

Wed 20 3rd/4th v 2nd - 19:45

Sat 23 2nd v 3rd/4th - 12:00

Thu 28 2nd/3rd/4th v Prem 11 - 19:45

Sun 31 Prem 11 v 2nd/3rd/4th - 15:00

That really puts a disadvantage on the 4th / 3rd team. 8 days between the 1st round (not sure why they call it a quarter final). Why do they need such a gap. Then it jumps down to a game every 3 days. The English system is 3 days between the knock out then a week before the final.

That really puts a disadvantage on the 4th / 3rd team. 8 days between the 1st round (not sure why they call it a quarter final). Why do they need such a gap. Then it jumps down to a game every 3 days. The English system is 3 days between the knock out then a week before the final.

This is the SPFL we're talking about. We're lucky the games finish by the end of May.

This is the SPFL we're talking about. We're lucky the games finish by the end of May.

Just stupidity all round.

What it should be is 4th place v 11th SPL and 2nd v 3rd....winners play each other.

Just stupidity all round.

What it should be is 4th place v 11th SPL and 2nd v 3rd....winners play each other.

I agree, but Motherwell ( or any other former SPL team ) have a better chance of staying in the Premiership if they only have to play one team.

Incompetence, or calculated corruption?

I agree, but Motherwell ( or any other former SPL team ) have a better chance of staying in the Premiership if they only have to play one team.

Both!

Would be a tad ironic if McCall ends up playing against his former team (Motherwell) in the final.

Much as I hate them I don't think it was so much corruption as necessity in this case (Though they are corrupt, of course). They had to get their members to vote for an extra relegation place. Asking turkeys to vote for an extra Xmas only would work if the turkeys thought they'd be highly unlikely to end up being cooked themselves. It's arranged to make it as safe as possible for the top level team, yes - but that's hardly surprising.

If we didn't want to be involved in it we should have won the league in which we had by far the most expensive and highly paid squad.

Edited by SteveC