One Scotland, Many Cultures & 2 Tier "Justice"

Findlay committed no crime but had to go.

The SNP chap committed no crime either but he is a prominent member of a Party which makes much of inclusiveness and decent behaviour so he should have been well and truly chid by the boss, a handbagging at the very least.

Funny how similar NS is to Mrs T, the arch bogeywoman. Made-up face, cemented hairdo and blazing eyes. But Mrs T had too much self control to make smug wee girlie smirks when she thought she'd said anything clever.

Edited by Scott7

He was secretely filmed standing among a group of players, with Neil Mcann immediately over his right shoulder, singing "up to our knees in f!!nian blood" - that's why he had to go. There is nothing wrong with singing The Sash and if you seriously think fe!!nian was "just another insult", then we must have grown up in very different places.

Fen!an is no better or worse than hun.

That much has been clear to me - then, now and always.

I won't excuse anyone who uses either term under the wrong context.

Edited by Frankie

He was secretely filmed standing among a group of players, with Neil Mcann immediately over his right shoulder, singing "up to our knees in f!!nian blood" - that's why he had to go. There is nothing wrong with singing The Sash and if you seriously think fe!!nian was "just another insult", then we must have grown up in very different places.

RPB, can you post the legislation that was in existence at the time which meant that the use of the "F" word was more than just an insult and was sectarian ?

You would think that because of your hatred of the SNP. I would disagree that just about anyone outside the poisonously claustrophobic and tiny world of SNP-hating Rangers supporters would find hypocritical the decision not to suspend someone for something which wasn't an offense when it happened.

I think most people, irrespective of party politics, would understand that the term 'hun' was and continues to be widely used by footbal fans of all teams to describe us, the fans, and Rangers, the club In the majority of cases in which the term is/was used sectarianism is not the motivating factor.

Just noticed this post. That's just simply not true. Hun has been a sectarian term for many, many years and to try and pretend otherwise is simply pandering to bigots. It has NEVER been the case that it was a just a derogatory term for Rangers fans or something equivalent to tim, for example.

It has nothing to do with party politics, and to try and pretend that it is, is just coming up with an excuse because it's a SNP candidate who was caught. It would be unacceptable whatever the party.

When "kill all huns" or "KAH" were daubed on Belfast walls during the troubles, are you really trying to say that they were meaning Rangers fans?

It seems that you will go to any length to excuse sectarianism if it's done by the SNP.

Where Mr O'Hara was being sectarian when he used the term is something only he knows.

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, since the only truly sectarian Celtic fans I have ever met have all been supporters of the unionist Labour party, which they tend to regard as 'theirs'. There is no place in the SNP for sectarianism or bigotry; something which cannot be said for either of the two main unionist parties and particularly the closet fascists of UKIP.

Interestingly enough, the only anti-Semitism I have seen in the last 6 months has been on a pro-independence facebook site which went unchecked. There are a lot of fascist overtones about the whole pro-independence movement.

As for Findlay, there is no equivalence between the term 'hun' and the 'F' word, the use of which is always sectarian. To pretend they are equivalent terms is, at best, disingenuous.

Simply untrue.

Edited by Bluedell

The 'F Word' as you call it is neither a religion nor a race.

It is deemed sectarian is by Rangers-haters who think nothing of using similar words & phrases against Rangers & its supporters & expect no retribution in the SNP Scotland

Fen*an is the equivalent of hun - Anyone pretending otherwise can't see the wood for the trees.

I personally think that neither should automatically assumed to be sectarian but since one is the other should also be treated that way - and it isn't. Classic hypocrisy

RPB, can you post the legislation that was in existence at the time which meant that the use of the "F" word was more than just an insult and was sectarian ?

You're suggesting that sectarianism only started in 2011? and that a word has to be enshrined in statute? Really?

You're suggesting that sectarianism only started in 2011? and that a word has to be enshrined in statute? Really?

Did I say that ?

It seems though that you are attempting to do exactly that with O'Hara and his use of the word Hun.... right ? As there was no legislation in place when he said it you are defending his right to say it. You are also saying that he shouldn't be punished as there was no legislation in place at the time he said it. Now you are saying that a word doesn't need to be enshrined in statute to be deemed sectarian (which of course makes sense) - so, which side were you defending again ?

Fen!an - no need to enshrine in statute as it is deemed sectarian (presumably because it wasn't uttered by an SNP candidate)

Hun - only sectarian when included in legislation and only post-legislation

You don't see the hypocrisy ?