How will you vote in the General Election?

Cant all be bad, surely you get to rub shoulders with wee fergus.?

The Bunnet is in the Bahamas, not Bermuda (I think). My next door neighbor is Berlusconi :D

And now your benefiting from the snp council tax freeze. If you pay council tax of course. A policy that helps the rich more than the poor.

What have the snp done for the poor?

there's many an auld pensioner living in a big hoose they can't afford mate.Been their most of their lives and reduced to genteel poverty. They're poor and the council tax freeze has helped them. most of the really poor don't pay it anyway

there's many an auld pensioner living in a big hoose they can't afford mate.Been their most of their lives and reduced to genteel poverty. They're poor and the council tax freeze has helped them. most of the really poor don't pay it anyway

Exactly the really poor don't benefit. I do on multiple properties. It's great for me.

It will help the odd poor person like many snp policies but it really helps the middle classes the most. Same with the tuition fees.

Edited by the gunslinger

Funded by the Barnett formula, with funds from Westminster. The SNP want Full Fiscal Autonomy which will make that disappear so presumably it will just be funded by taxes on oil at $113/barrel or debt.

Where is your source for it being "funded" by the Barnett formula? Maybe it does this year with oil prices down at the moment but prices have gone up as well as down and will do again so it just sounds like the usual English rhetoric. Or maybe you're being literal like many English people and didn't realise that taxes from Scotland actually go into the "funds from Westminster".

But is it not obvious that with all the blackmailing and scaremongering to stay in the Union, that it's totally implausible that Scotland is some kind of heavy financial burden to the rest of the UK? And why were the SNP were so happy and ready to pay for it all as an independent country?

BTW There are a lot of huge and expensive English projects such as Terminal 5, Cross-rail, HS2 and Trident. Which formula are they funded by again?

It's such bullshit propaganda after the what went one during the referendum - it's like a Scotsman strongly wanting a separate bill for his meal as his fellow diners are always taking the piss, being heavily cajoled into just splitting it and finally agreeing, and then getting moaned at about how much his nice bottle of wine was and how everyone else had to pay for it, when he's pretty sure his meal cost vaguely round about what he paid - as he didn't have dessert, coffee, port and a load of lagers like the others.

Actually it reminds me of a meal with an English couple recently. They're always trying to take the piss and so this time I wasn't spitting the bill as ours came to £60 and the bill was £160. I chucked in £70 and he called me a "tight Scottish git". Won't be dining with them again.

I doubt the English will ever allow "full" fiscal autonomy - they obviously can't afford to. It would be nice to see what that would be like though and I'm sure the SNP would be happy with that and paying the nation's own way.

Governments run just fine on a bit of debt - ask pretty much all of them, including Westminster. Which parties caused our current oversized one which is still rising? The SNP? Thing is, when the price of oil goes up, why wouldn't you just pay back the debt?

Why do people always mention cross rail and not the forth bridge.

The world's most expensive bridge is merely a vanity project.

The average cost of major road bridges around the world is less than £200,000 per metre, according to a recent survey. The cost of the new bridge, which will link Edinburgh to Fife, is valued at £750,ooo a metre, making it one of the world’s most expensive bridges.

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2009/10/15/the-worlds-most-expensive-bridge/

The world's most expensive bridge is merely a vanity project.

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2009/10/15/the-worlds-most-expensive-bridge/

I just don't understand the cross rail etc point. So we Scots pay a bit towards it. Sure we do. And the English pay the bulk of the forth crossing. Or the trams or even Scottish parliament. That's just how it works.