How will you vote in the General Election?

NS didn't hack it in the real world which she inhabited for a short time.

The honourable gentleman who represents the constituency of my ancestral home in the interest of the SNP was a schoolboy at a posh-ish school, a student, a low-level journo, a politico and then got elected.

I vote Conservative in my sensible old age but give me a horny-handed son of toil over that experience any day of the week.

out of order mi amigo

free education, every course, every age

limiting learning to a chequebook is not the way forward

have a word with yourself

I understand. I would never have thought this way a few years ago, but after reflecting, I think we should have to pay for education over a certain level. There are many that don;t take it seriously. It belittles the Degree; anyone can have one, so where is the value? Actually, the way it is now, you only have to pay it back if you start to earn a certain amount.

Saying that, I think there should be a vocational degree, free and open to anyone that would benefit the individual and society.

Amazing how many people seem to base their political views on individuals and personality rather than policy. On that basis I'd vote for any party with Boris Johnson at the helm but couldn't ever see myself voting Tory.

On pure policy it's got to be SNP.

Amazing how many people seem to base their political views on individuals and personality rather than policy. On that basis I'd vote for any party with Boris Johnson at the helm but couldn't ever see myself voting Tory.

On pure policy it's got to be SNP.

What policy...?

Edited by Rousseau

I understand. I would never have thought this way a few years ago, but after reflecting, I think we should have to pay for education over a certain level. There are many that don;t take it seriously. It belittles the Degree; anyone can have one, so where is the value? Actually, the way it is now, you only have to pay it back if you start to earn a certain amount.

Saying that, I think there should be a vocational degree, free and open to anyone that would benefit the individual and society.

Here's a radical idea. Let's award degrees to people who work for them and are intelligent enough to attain them and use academic ability as the sole criterion on which they are awarded. How's that for crazy?

Degrees are not devalued by the numbers who have them but by the level at which they are set.

Here's a radical idea. Let's award degrees to people who work for them and are intelligent enough to attain them and use academic ability as the sole criterion on which they are awarded. How's that for crazy?

Degrees are not devalued by the numbers who have them but by the level at which they are set.

There is no need for sarcasm. I merely stated my opinion. You are very quick to belittle any opinion you don't agree with.

My reasons are thus: More money into the Economy; Deter those that are not willing to work hard; Less competition for careers; Degree will become more valuable.

It's not even a direct fee but a loan; you only have to pay it back if you achieve a salary over a certain amount.