RST complaint re: Brendan O'Hara and a new complaint email template

And I couldn't agree more with you on this. However, and this is something that should NEVER be forgotten.... Rangers fans were fine with the whole notion of chants at football being "banter" and fans generally were "90 minute bigots". If you want to point any fingers at anyone for the monstrosity of a Communications Act we now have then point to those in the East End of Glasgow. They decided that, in their hatred of all things Rangers, that they would en masse start creating as much of a problem for Rangers as they could by being perennially mock offended. It is THEY who created this lunacy.

But you are literally saying that Rangers fans should just embrace the word hun and ignore the carnage that has been created from their faux outrage at being called fen1ans. That old adage applies, "you made your bed so lie in it". Given they created the beast why should Rangers fans just lay down with a whimper ?

As a "neutralscot" I would have anticipated that you would have been a bit more balanced in your approach to this.

tend to agree with the first paragraph. This whole situation comes largely from Timmy wanting to neutralise the greatest chant in Football, which they have managed to do because we were, as usual, to dumb to play smart. All we needed to do was change one word and it would have been fine; but, oh no, not us.

FWIW, I also think our resident hibee has been very balanced in his contribution.

Strangely enough I am part Lithuanian Jew, part proddy dog, part catholic cat.

Anti jewish sentiment is very rare in scotland and tends to come from far right extremists, so the context is always highly derogatory and threatening, but you tend to find that as soon as you square up to a bunch of skinheads, they run away sieg heiling.

The 'Kill all huns' graffiti is obviously the work of a mentally challenged, poorly raised half wit.

And no, i generally don't use the word f*******, preferring 'potato eaters' instead.

You know the graffiti artist then ? Because if you don't, then it is a very dangerous assumption to make that it isn't someone who intrinsically actually believes that "all huns should be killed".

Craig i totally agree with you, in that celtic fans are the worst i've ever known for fake offense. They'll run through an IRA songbook and then express outrage at being called a ******. You couldn't make it up.

A lot of them also believe that if scotland became independent, protestant mobs would be attacking them, the SNP are anti catholic, the BBC are anti catholic etc .The hardcore support seem to be as unionist as rangers fans, yet irish republicans (well for 90 minutes anyway)- It's quite bizarre. I'm not sure if it is a view held in general or just amongst their online community.

Craig i totally agree with you, in that celtic fans are the worst i've ever known for fake offense. They'll run through an IRA songbook and then express outrage at being called a ******. You couldn't make it up.

A lot of them also believe that if scotland became independent, protestant mobs would be attacking them, the SNP are anti catholic, the BBC are anti catholic etc .The hardcore support seem to be as unionist as rangers fans, yet irish republicans (well for 90 minutes anyway)- It's quite bizarre. I'm not sure if it is a view held in general or just amongst their online community.

In my experience, it's fairly widespread. I've been called a Tartan Tory (???!!!) and a closet Unionist ( 2 x ???!!!) by some of the more mental tims, purely on the basis that I'm a Rangers fan, whilst these same people will only ever vote Labour (a unionist party with Tory-lite policies). Like some of our own, the more deranged Tims cannot believe a Rangers fan can be SNP, left-wing and anti-royalist and they genuinely seem to think that anything I say on any of these subjects is some kind of trap I'm setting for them.

If Carling did hypocrisy, they'd put a shamrock on the can.

At least our lunatic fringe is honest in their lunacy.

The sad thing is that they started down this road at all. Had they not then there would be little ambiguity and we could all go about our business - and actually ENJOY the banter at the football

If that "kill all huns" photo was taken in N. Ireland then it's not referring to 'Gers supporters but to Protestants. It's banned there because it's a derogatory term used against people because of their religious beliefs.