Llambias and Leach sacked

How much more can BH take?.....:seal:

Rangers sack Mike Ashley's Sports Direct henchman Derek Llambias and Barry Leach

Rangers have terminated the contracts of Derek Llambias and Barry Leach

Llambias was chief executive while Leach filled role of finance director

Chairman Dave King vowed to resist repayment of £5m Sports Direct loan

By STEPHEN MCGOWAN FOR THE SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 01:18, 22 May 2015 | UPDATED: 01:19, 22 May 2015

Rangers have sacked Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct henchmen Derek Llambias and Barry Leach.

Llambias was chief executive prior to the Dave King boardroom coup, with Leach filling the role of finance director.

As King vowed to resist the immediate repayment of a £5million Sports Direct loan at a looming General Meeting, however, interm chairman Paul Murray revealed both men have been removed from the club’s payroll.

‘What I can say today is that we have terminated the contracts of Derek Llambias and Barry Leach,’ said Murray. ‘They have now left the company as of this week.

‘I can’t go into that (the investigation). It’s a confidential situation. Suffice to say we have terminated their contracts.’

Asked if either man – both of whom had contracts with one-year notice periods - had been paid compensation Murray declined to divulge further details adding only: ‘We have terminated their contracts.’

Addressing the resolution for a General Meeting by Ashley, King admitted the meeting is likely to go ahead.

He also hinted there is little chance of the board taking back security over key assets such as Murray Park immediately by paying the Newcastle owner his £5m loan back.

‘I would be surprised if that was to happen initially,’ he said. ‘The Ashley loan situation is something we’re looking at but it’s really part of a bigger and broader relationship. My personal view is the whole of Sports Direct, Ashley’s relationship is an integrated holistic relationship so I don’t think it’s just about the loan.’

Keen to develop a more balanced, commercial relationship with the sports retailer which allows Rangers to keep more of the cash raked in for kit sales, King said: ‘I would agree our relationship with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley is not great and it has to be dealt with. But I don’t think it is terrible either.

‘The Mike Ashley situation is very different from some of the other history of the club. You have got a man who is a businessman. He has been very, very aggressive.

‘He has managed to put in place a deal which is very favourable to him. But it is our job to see that the club’s interests are protected. But it’s a commercial relationship. It’s really just business.

‘It’s not something that gets us particularly excited. It’s just about what is right for Rangers. There’s nothing personal about it.

‘I think ultimately he [Ashley] will be out of the picture but right now he has put money into the club and the club should be grateful for that because without the £5m loan, the club would be in some difficulties.

‘The money was important to the club at the time, under the circumstances of that time.

‘Given the changed circumstances of the club where we are not trying to shrink the club, we are not trying to run it as a minor club in Scotland - we are determined to take the club back to where it belongs – then in that context we have to change the relationship.

‘On a scale of one to 100, it doesn’t get up to one in terms of a threat.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3092049/Rangers-sack-Mike-Ashley-s-Sports-Direct-henchman-Derek-Llambias-Barry-Leach.html#ixzz3apFEwt00

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good.

I've quite liked King's manner on this - underplaying it at all times but also being strong with the club's actions. Very sensible.

There's also been a dry humoured, almost tongue-in-cheek element to some of his comments which have been pretty funny. Thumbs up from me.