Daily Record back page

If that's about the ticket stuff ...

Rangers handed 1,500 tickets for second leg of Scottish Premiership play-off final

By Gavin Mccafferty, Press Association

Published: 23:16 GMT, 25 May 2015 | Updated: 23:16 GMT, 25 May 2015

Rangers have been restricted to 1,500 tickets for the second leg of the Scottish Premiership play-off final at Fir Park following a stand-off with Motherwell.

It is understood Motherwell asked for 2,000 tickets for Thursday's Ibrox clash and believed they had a deal which would have seen them hand over the entire South Stand at Fir Park, which holds more than 4,800 fans, to visiting supporters on Sunday.

But Rangers began selling tickets to their own fans in those areas shortly after their semi-final win over Hibernian was secured on Saturday and then offered Motherwell only 950 tickets for Ibrox.

Negotiations between the clubs failed to secure a compromise deal and Motherwell announced their allocations on Monday lunchtime.

A club statement read: 'After discussions between both clubs, Motherwell fans have been allocated 950 tickets for Ibrox for Thursday night's game, priced at £5.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096719/Rangers-handed-1-500-tickets-second-leg-Scottish-Premiership-play-final.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Our club wants as many of it's own fans at Ibrox for the play - off, so wee cut the away allocation, they then cut ours for the same reasons, I don't see the problem here tbo, Although there was more to it at Easter road imo. I hope the club does the same when the Scum support come calling in the league games, if we should get promoted.

Thing is Rangers are giving 1 in 5 Motherwell regulars a chance to go to the game. For Motherwell to reciprocate they would need to give us over 6000 tickets. Instead they'd rather have an empty stand for some kind of childish and disproporionate tit for tat. Sums up our game.

Exactly right GS. If 'Well can sell the remaining tickets for this match for the South Stand to their own fans then I dont have a problem with it. With their dreadful attendances this season, if they can encourage more of their fanbase to turn up for the glory game, and then perhaps to come back next season to support them in the second tier, then they should be applauded for this move.

However, if it turns out that their fans have really deserted them and they dont sell out the South Stand and are just being childish with a tit-for-tat allocation reduction, then they deserve all they get, which is less money from the glamour game, and relegation!

I know which way I think this will go, and it wont result in a full house at Fir park, but I hope to be proven wrong by the Motherwell fans on this occasion. Perhaps the first leg result will determine the outcome, but in reality their fans should have already bought these tickets for such a big game, just like our fans have for Ibrox.

Motherwell probably won't even sell out the other stands never mind start selling tickets in the South Stand to 'Well fans. There's gonna be over 3,000 empty seats in that South Stand unless they change their mind and up our allocation, but they won't do that.

Of course the crazy rules about money allocation make this possible.

Motherwell by shutting out rangers fans are only losing a few thousand.

Agree that stupid rule has to change that the split is after the costs are covered. I can understand though that the money is spread around all teams and not just the play-off teams.

Agree that stupid rule has to change that the split is after the costs are covered. I can understand though that the money is spread around all teams and not just the play-off teams.

aye but it's spread on a sliding scale. celtic get 13% and the top teir get most of the rest. It becomes peanuts as you go down the divisions